42. The Hogwarts Now

Draco

It wasn't until Gringotts when I witnessed the Dark Lord's temper. He was so angry that he shot spells from his wand everywhere. It didn't matter if it was the living or dead.

It scares me because I can't help but think, what's going to happen if Juliette were to ever get caught? Someone had reported that Harry Potter was spotted in Hogsmeade. I'm worried for Juliette, but for some reason, I feel like she's safe because she's with Potter. Of course, I'd never admit that in front of her, but if it wasn't me protecting her, I'd rather it be Potter, Granger, and Weasley than anyone else. 

I walked out of my room, to the kitchen, hoping that I could go back to Hogwarts sometime soon. The Manor was not exactly a safe place and I didn't enjoy being at 'home'. It was odd because for the past few years, I always acted like I loathed to be at Hogwarts, and now I was in desperate need to go there. 

My mother and father were standing in the kitchen, speaking about something. I leaned against the wall and pressed my ear to it.

"Lucius, no! We can't let him go! Not yet at least! We need more time... once this is all over, we are getting out of here. I no longer care if we are in the Wizarding World or not! The only place that's safe for us-safe for Draco, is most likely in the Muggle World!" I nearly threw up at the thought of being in the Muggle World. There's a reason we call Muggle-borns Mudbloods.

"That's why. We should get a move now, we'll go into hiding now, Narcissa."

Hiding? Really? I always knew that they feared the Dark Lord. But I didn't know that they were that cowardly. They wanted to hide while all of this was going to go down?

"Lucius, I want to, but what about all these tasks... he always finds his way to people that he wants or needs. He did it to Ollivander, he found Dumbledore's grave. What's next? When will you understand, that no matter where we hide, he'll find us someday? And once he does find us, we'll be dead. So no, Lucius, I am not going to let us go into hiding," my mother said with finality in her voice.

"And what if Draco dies? If you don't want to go into hiding, then fine. But if he dies, that's on you, alright Narcissa?"

"How could you say that? I am aware that a battle is coming, but the least we can do is hope that our child survives. I thought you knew better than that. He's strong. Don't you dare tell me that all of that training and hard work put in the last year was all for nothing."

"You're right. But that was before. Think about it Narcissa, now there's a reason he might die. The reason is clear, isn't it? Juliette Trails got in the way. If he truly is falling for her, then he's going to make sacrifices. So yes, I'd rather run now than watch my son die for some girl."

-----------------------------------------------------

Juliette

We finally arrived at the passage entrance leading from Hogwarts. Neville opened the door to a large room filled with people from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw all in one room.

Neville yelled through the room, "Hey! Listen up! I've brought you all a surprise!"

I examined the room: there were sleeping bags everywhere, items laid on the ground, and no one had cleaned the room either. It was as if students were just dumped in this room to figure out everything else themselves. I realized that the Carrows, Snape, or whoever was around here, didn't even allow them to use the showers often. The area was grand, but it was filled by all of the items. Dormitories seemed to no longer exist.

I was tackled by a strong hug from Seamus. At first, I stood there, unsure of what to do, but afterwards, i hugged him back. We dated during our fourth and fifth year, but I broke it off with him during our sixth year. Why was he hugging me? We hadn't exactly ended on good terms and of all people, I didn't deserve his kindness.