Ch 16 - Nana vs Kalifa

Everyone decided to divide and conquer so Nana and Pygmy went down a hallway by themselves in search for a key. Pygmy sniffed the air as he ran ahead of Nana. Without her waterboard, Nana was significantly slower. She skidded to a halt when she realized that Pygmy had stopped to sniff at a door.

Nana grabbed her hammer and then kicked the door down. "Okay, you bastards. Hand over the key and I'll-"

Nana stopped short when she realized it was empty. "Why did you stop if no one was here?!" she yelled at Pygmy but then her eyes adjusted to the dimly lit room and she let out a small gasp.

She was in a small armory with broken pieces of metal, badly damaged armor, and light weapons hanging from the wall. "Good dog...very good dog," she murmured giving Pygmy a haphazard pet on the head as she did a quick inventory in her head.

She grabbed the top half off of a suit of armor and flung it on the stone ground. She took off her metal glove and put it back in her bag. She pulled out a chisel from it and then she put on her goggles. She could only see out of one side of the goggles but that was enough for her. She fired up her hammer and grinned up at Pygmy, "Let's get to work."

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Nana knew the clock was ticking and she only had half the tools she actually needed so she tried not to be so hard on herself when she finally donned her finished product. She loosened her corset and pulled her white shirt over her head. It's not perfect but it'll do.

Nana sighed and shook her head as she pulled her new makeshift armor over her head. She fitted her arms through the arm holes and then pulled her shirt back over it. The building started to shake around her and she looked over at Pygmy. "Look's like it's time to go," she said as she retied her corset.

"Woof woof!" Pygmy barked back and they ran out the door.

She could hear someone talking in the distance and they bolted in that direction. She rounded a corner and stopped short. Ahead of her was an open hall with a staircase leading to the floor above. She could see upper floor clearly but her focus was on what was happening directly in front of her. Nami was being held up in the air by the pink hair of the large kabuki CP9 agent. His hair had grabbed onto Nami like octopus tentacles and she could not escape her binds.

The CP9 agent had a metal staff raised behind his head with the bottom of it aimed right at Nami's back. "Yayoi!" he called to Nami, "Now, die...Now...Now."

Nana silently grabbed her hammer and she pressed a button. She looked at Pygmy and took a deep breath.

"No!" Nami screamed.

Nana rushed forward and she heard hoof beats to the side but she didn't stop running.

"Song of Spring Feeling!" the CP9 member called just as Nana jumped up.

"Nana Special!"

"Hoofprint!" Chopper shouted as he leapt into the air, appearing to the right of Nana, and changed into his arm point, "Roseo!"

"Buzz Cut!" Nana cried.

The saw rotating around Nana's hammer chopped off the locks that was holding Nami while Chopper's enlarged hooves smashed into the side of the government agent's face, leaving an imprint resembling a sakura petal. The CP9 member was sent flying backward as Nami fell onto the floor.

"Nami!" Nana shouted as she ran towards the girl.

"Are you okay?" Chopper asked and dashed over to join them.

"Chopper...Nana," Nami panted as she got up to her feet, "Thanks...You guys saved me."

"What's with that guy? Is he a power holder?" Chopper asked, looking back at the unconscious government agent.