Ch 20 - Ready to Fight

"He's so pathetic..." Franky muttered and aimed his arm cannon at the elephant's face, "Oy, put your nose back to normal, elephant, or else I'll shoot you between the eyes."

The elephant whimpered and reformed his trunk. Nana got up to her feet, calmly dusted off her pants, and then studied the animal in Franky's grip. "Smart elephant," she commented, "Did he eat the Sword Sword Fruit?"

"Ha," Spandom scoffed, "Shows how much you know. He's a sword that ate a Zoan fruit."

"WHAT?! How?!" Nana demanded.

"Ow, Nana-brat, now is not the time!" Franky scolded and then he dropped his hold on the elephant trunk. He glared at the leather masked man. "And as for you, Spanda, if I had had power that day...I would've gotten Tom-san back. I wanted to get him back at any cost. The Straw Hats...and even the stubborn Nana-brat-"

"Hey!" Nana muttered indignantly.

"...They have ignored common sense and have advanced despite knowing the wrath of the World Government," Franky continued, "In order to rescue a friend...they make the world their enemy without a second thought."

Franky grinned, "It's exhilarating."

He stepped up in front of the elephant and put his strong hands against the side of the elephant's face. "Up to this day, I've never once forgotten about Tom-san's death. The stupid face of that official..." He started to drag the elephant behind him as he ran full speed towards Spandam. "Every time it went through my mind...I hoped that one day..I'd be able to crush him!"

He flung the elephant over his shoulder by the trunk and it landed heavily on top of Spandam. It created a huge dent on the floor. "Thanks to them..." Franky finished, "I'm able to fulfill my wish."

"Weapons Left!" He opened his left arm and fired up his mechanical gun at the remaining marines, "I'm someone who died once. If it enables the Straw Hats and Nana-brat to leave this place alive, I don't mind sacrificing my life!"

"Idiot, I already said I wasn't leaving without you," Nana shouted as she ran forward with her hammer, "NANA SPECIAL!"

"Nana!" Franky gasped, immediately moving his arm away from her so that she wouldn't get shot by a stray bullet.

"Kinetic Cannon!' Nana swung her hammer hard and the force shot out into a highly pressured ball. It flew forward and exploded as it came into contact with a marine. The blast knocked over the group and sent them flying in all directions. The strength of the blast was even able to send the elephant, with Spandam under him, skidding forward, lengthening the dent on the bridge.

Robin watched the cyborg and the hammer wielding girl go all out for her and the Straw Hats. She took a deep breath and she got back on her feet. Her body had stopped trembling and her mind was calm. "I'm ready to fight!" she announced.

"Robin!" Nana shouted happily and looked back at the black haired beauty, "Are you sure?"

Robin nodded and smiled softly at Nana. "Thank you for reminding me that...I'm not alone anymore."

Nana grinned and smashed her hammer in the face of an incoming marine, without even looking at him. "Just passing down what someone super once told me."

"Owww! Nana-brat!" Franky sobbed as he wiped the tears falling from behind his sunglasses, "I'm not crying. Stop saying I am!"

"C'mon! Let's head for the ship!" Nana yelled as she raced forward. They finished crossing the bridge and down the steps towards a dock where a large marine battleship was anchored. "There's the escort ship!"

"Now it's our escape ship!" Franky yelled as he fired his weapons at the marines still on board.

Franky, Robin, and Nana stormed the ship and threw everyone overboard. With the combined power of Franky's personal arsenal, Robin's limbs, and Nana's hammer, they made short work of the marines and even managed to leave the ship practically unscathed.