Ch 27 - Take Off

Nana waved to Water 7 one last time and then she hurried off to help the others. The ship was starting to pull away from the docks and they were about to head off to their new adventure.

"Wait..." Chopper whimpered next to Nami.

Franky looked around the deck and frowned at his new captain, who had taken a seat on a deck chair. "Are you super sure you don't have to wait for one more person, Straw Hat?"

"I did wait," Luffy laughed with a forced grin on his face, "Ever since I heard what Sanji told us, I tried so that our room in Galley-La was never empty."

Nana looked at Sanji curiously. "What you told them?"

Sanji nodded while keeping his eyes fixed on the horizon in case the marine ship was approaching. "Ah, Nana-chan. I saw him by the docks while I was out shopping for food supplies. Usopp was rehearsing different ways to come back to us."

"I waited for him all this time, but he never showed up," Luffy said a little too casually. He was sweating and even from a distance, Nana could tell see that the corners of his lips were twitching, "That's his answer...I'm sure he'll have a fun life too."

"Maybe we could wait a little-" Nana started to suggest but then she stopped when she heard the undeniable whistling sound of incoming cannons. Nana and Pygmy's head jerked towards the aft of the ship and Nana grabbed her hammer. "Incoming!" she warned.

Boom! Boom!

Two cannon balls blasted towards the sides of the ship. They were just warning shots and hit the water cleanly. A big marine ship with a masthead of a dog with a bone turned the corner and headed towards the Straw Hats.

"Hey, Luffy! Can you hear me? This is Grandpa! This is Grandpa. If you can hear me, say something!" Garp shouted through a megaphone.

Nana handed Luffy her own megaphone and he raised it to his lips. "Oy! Grandpa! What're you doing?! You said you weren't going to capture us here."

"Well...the thing is, a lot has happened since then...Sorry, but I'm going to have to send you to the bottom of the sea."

"WHAAAAAT?!" Luffy cried incredulously and he dropped the megaphone. Pygmy caught it with his mouth just as it was about to hit the ground.

"Well...I'm not doing this as an apology for that or anything..." Garp replied, "But..I'll fight your gang all by myself."

"By himself?" Nana asked as she pulled out her telescope. She saw a marine holding a 32 pound cannonballs in his arms and bringing it up to the Vice Admiral but there were no cannons around him. "What the hell is he going to do with that?"

Her eyes widened when Luffy's Grandfather bounced the cannonball in his hand as if it weighed nothing and then he lifted it over his head. "METEOR FIST!"

The cannonball shot forward and exploded on the starboard side. The impact sent a large wave that pushed the ship sideways.

"WHOAH! H-he fired a cannonball with his bare hand!" Sanji cried.

Nana couldn't believe her eyes. "That came flying at us with more power than a demi-cannon! Hey, Franky. Do you think if I make a something that-"

"SUPER not the time, brat!" Franky barked, "Let's get out of here and then you can think about building something new."

"We have no choice! We're getting out of here now or our new ship will be blasted to bits!" Nami shouted.

The sounds of rolling metal caught Nana's attention and she brought the telescope back to her eyes. "They're bringing in more cannonballs! I can see at least three hundred cannonballs with more coming.'