Ch 18 - the Dinner Show

Nana wasn't sure what to focus on, the giraffe or the wolf. Zoro was up against Kaku and their blades clashed together in a blur, while Sanji stood in front of her, Pygmy, Nami, and Usopp, in order to run interference in case the wolfman attacked again. The wolf was wounded from Sanji's kick and he had the wind knocked out of him.

"I...I'm sorry, Sanji," Usopp panted as he got up to his feet, "I guess...I am weak after all..I-"

Sanji placed his cigarette back into his lips and he stared hard at Usopp. "Everyone has things that they can and can't do, Usopp. Look outside...all of you."

Nami, Usopp, and Nana both turned to look at the giant hole that Chopper and Franky had created and they collectively gasped. The Gates of Justice were starting to open.

"The Gates..." Nana whispered.

"Robin!" Usopp shrieked.

"Once those gates are opened and Robin-chan goes through there, the sea beyond hosts a nest of Sea Kings and we have no means to cross it. Past that, there's a large prison and Navy Headquarters," Sanji reminded them, "Soon Robin-chan will be taken to a place beyond our reach."

"Oh no..." Nami moaned, "Luffy didn't make it in time?"

"Could this situation get any worse?" Nana asked out loud.

"In the worst situation, there's always a chance, Nana-chan," Sanji said to her before returning to his opponent, "Nami-san and Usopp, leave getting his key to us."

Nana raised an eyebrow at Sanji and tilted her head. "Us?!"

The wolfman chuckled and got to his feet. "Finally...I can go all out," he laughed with a lick across his lips.

"Usopp...Nana-chan," Sanji instructed calmly, "I'll do what you can't do...and you two do what I can't."

"What?" Usopp asked, sharing a confused look with Nana.

"Think about it," Sanji said, "Grasp the situation! Usopp, as long as we have you, we can save Robin-chan for sure!"

The wolfman growled and then got up to his feet. "Shave!" he called before disappearing in front of them.

"Go!" Sanji ordered to the group.

Instantly, Nana's hand shot out and she tore off a piece of Usopp's cape while Nami reached out and grabbed Usopp by the collar. The navigator pulled him out of the room, with him running backwards and choking on his cape. "Na-Na-Nami, let go. I can run for myself...And Nana, what the hell did you tear a hero's cape for?!"

Nana waved and smirked at Usopp. "Souvenir," she said cheekily. Then she put her hands on her hips and eyed Sanji. She was still at a loss on why she had to stay here. What can I do? He said he was going to fight this one...so why did he ask me to stay and fight?

Then her eyes widened with the answer. No! He didn't ask me to fight...so then I must be here to get the key!

"Iron Body Kenpo!" the wolfman snarled as he reappeared to the side Sanji and lunged for him with his hands forward, "Wolf Repel!"

She jumped onto Pygmy's back and then held out the key that she had taken from Kalifa. "See this key, Pyg?" she asked softly, "We need to find one exactly like this. It's on the wolf's body somewhere..."

Pygmy sniffed and then reared his hind legs. "Woof woof!"

"Good...," Nana said and then held tightly onto his saddle horn, "Go!"

Pygmy dashed forward just as Sanji's leg collided against the wolf's claws. The shock wave from the impact sent Pygmy skidding to a halt. Nana's eyes widened. "This power..."