Ch 26 - Don't Cry

Nana was sleeping with her arm draped over a very warm and furry Pygmy when she heard the afro twins calling. She opened her eyes and sat up to see that Iceberg was sound asleep on the other side of her.

"Hey! Franky! We're here! Give us our ship!" Luffy called from a distance.

"Icy," she grunted and nudged him with her foot, "Wake up!"

They both slowly stood up just as Luffy and the rest of the Straw Hats came up to them. "Oh! Ice Pops and Nana are here," Luffy said excitedly.

"Where's Franky?" Luffy demanded.

"Unfortunately, he had to go somewhere," Iceberg said.

"Coward," Nana muttered under her breath.

"But the ship is completed. I'll show it to you in place of Franky," Iceberg continued.

Iceberg and Nana each went to an end of the ship and gripped the white fabric that was concealing it. "This ship is really incredible," Nana grinned.

"When I saw Franky's blueprints, my eyes opened wide in surprise," Iceberg agreed, "It can sail through any kind of sea! With this ship, going to the end of the world isn't a mere dream."

Iceberg and Nana yanked on the cloth. "Here is Franky's message to you, Straw Hat," Iceberg exclaimed, "If you're going to be King of the Pirates someday...board the ship that is the King of Animals!"

The cloth fell down to the ground revealing a beautiful, red and yellow brig sloop. The masthead was that of a majestic lion...at least that's what Franky claimed it to be. Nana was convinced it was a half peeled orange with a face painted on the fruit but Franky had thrown such a fit she decided to just let it go.

"WHOAHHHHHH!" The Straw Hats were in awe as they all raced onto the ship to get a closer look.

Nana watched from the dock and crossed her arms over her chest. "Icy, can you give them the tour?" she asked.

"Oh my..." Iceberg said, "You're not going to go on the ship?"

"I'll have plenty of time to be on the ship later," Nana replied softly as she sat down on the ground and turned her back to the ship. She gazed at the city, "I don't have much time to be here..."

She looked over at Lulu, Tilestone, and Paulie, who were starting to wake up.

"Morning," she said forcing a grin, "It's my last day. You guys must be thrilled to finally be getting rid of me."

"AHHHH! NANA-SAN. I'M GOING TO MISS YOU!" Tilestone roared, shocking the other still drowsy shipwrights.

"Are you never quiet?!" Paulie shouted angrily at him.

"No goodbyes!" Nana snapped at the same time.

----------

Sanji stood transfixed in the center of the kitchen. He moved his eyes slowly, taking in every little detail of his new domain, and his hands were stuck to his side as if everything around him would all disappear by touch. "I must be dreaming..." he murmured, "Or else I'm dead."

The cabinets and countertops were exquisitely built. The top cabinets were built exactly at Sanji's eye level while the bottom cabinets came up just below his waist. There was no doubt about it that they were installed with him in mind.

He stepped slowly towards the stove. It was an electric range, perfect for even cooking and enough burners for him to cook 10 dishes at a time. He flicked the switch for the vent that hung overhead and was taken aback by how quiet yet powerful it was.