Ch 41 - Inspiration

Nana walked swiftly but assuredly as she inspected the top deck of Brook's old ship one last time. With her hammer on her back and Pygmy at her side, Nana could've sworn she was back in Dock #1 giving a final look over to a client's ship before handing it over for delivery. She tapped the wooden floorboards with her boot and then she knocked on the railings with her knuckles. "Not great but it'll do," she mumbled to no one in particular.

She put her hands on her hips and did another quick sweep with her eyes. "Okay," she said to Pygmy with a firm nod to her head, "I think this it."

They disembarked from the ship and onto the dock below where Franky was waiting for them with the pink haired woman. Nana was not surprised at all that her name was Lola and that the boar zombie's shadow was originally hers. "Alright," Nana said to Lola, "Everything is in good shape. You guys can sail off in it whenever you guys are ready."

"You guys have been such a big help in so many ways," Lola gushed as she eyed Franky, "I owe you so much! I couldn't begin to thank you. I'd love to marry you."

Nana snorted, while Franky ran a comb through his electric blue hair. "You're a great catch," the old bachelor replied smoothly, "But, unfortunately, I'm just too cool. It wouldn't work out."

"Don't take it to heart, Lola," Nana said and gave the pink haired pirate a supportive pat on the arm, "He's not marriage material anyways. None of these guys are, really."

"What?" Lola gasped, "But I thought you and Sanji were an item. You guys should totally get married."

Nana's eyebrows shot up to the top of her head. "Are you kidding me?"

"Why not?" Lola asked.

"Our next stop is Fishman Island!" Luffy shouted from the other end of the dock, catching Lola and Nana's attention, "I bet it's full of fascinating people."

"I'll get to frolic with beautiful mermaids!" Sanji exclaimed as he wriggled with delight, lost in his own fantasies.

"That's why," Nana said to Lola with a laugh as she walked over to the cook.

"She says that..." Lola murmured, "And yet she still goes to him."

"Ow," Franky exclaimed with a grin, "Some people just can't resist the super powers of a pervert." He threw his arms together and posed with them outstretched, "Super!"

"Would it be okay if I asked the mermaids to show me their pants?" Brook asked Nana with a sincere bow.

"Brook..." Nana said with a wink, "Mermaids don't wear pants."

Blood spurted out of both Sanji's and Brook's nose and Nana hit them both in the head. "Control yourselves," she barked at them, "And how the hell does a skeleton get a nosebleed?!"

"Mermaids, huh..." one of Lola's crewmembers said, "Oh, that brings back memories. Fishman Island was incredible"

"Lola," Nami gasped, "You guys have been to the New World?"

Lola smiled. "I didn't go there. That's where I was born. My mama is a pirate," she said. Then her eyes lit up and she dug into her pocket. She pulled out a sheet of paper and tore it in half. She handed one half to Nami, "This is my mama's Vivre Card. You may have a piece."

"Whoahhhh! You're lucky," Lola's crewmember exclaimed, "Captain Lola's mama is an amazing pirate! Take good care of it. I'm sure it'll come in handy later."

"Vivre Card?" Nana and Nami asked.

"Oh! Sorry. I forgot that Vivre Cards are only available in the New World," Lola rushed to explain. She pointed to the paper she had in her hand, "This isn't your typical sheet of paper. Water and fire can't hurt it. If you take your nail clippings to a shop. They will make a special sheet of paper that mixes them in."