Ch 73 - the Biscuit Room

Those idiots, Nana thought with disgust as she nudged Franky's face with her foot and then glanced at a happily dreaming Chopper, How could they be sleeping so peacefully during a time like this?

After the rubber suit clad men had stormed the ship, she had managed to knock a guy out and steal his gear while no one was paying attention. She had tied him up and stowed him away in the farthest corner of the ship. It was lucky the hazmat suits were so big and wide that she had no problem fitting it over her own gear. She mixed in with the crowd and even had a hand in tying the restraints around the cyborg, who had started to drool in his sleep.

The group of men steered the Thousand Sunny to the other side of the island. Unbeknownst to them, Nana studied their movements like a hawk. One unnecessary scratch on the ship and there would've been hell to pay.

She was shocked to find that the other side of the island was covered in snow. That explains those clouds Nami was worrying about...

The invaders then moved the Straw Hats into their indoor facility. Now her nakama were all laying on the floor in the middle of a what looked like to be a factory room as Nana waited for whoever this Master guy was.

"Shurururururu..."

A far away laugh creepily echoed through the hallway and it sent goosebumps up Nana's arms. She grimaced behind the gas mask and waited for him to appear. The laugh became louder and louder and it was all Nana could do to stifle the gasp in her throat when he rounded the corner. The Master wasn't a guy at all. In fact, he was just billowing pink smoke.

"Are these the pirates you've caught?" the smoke asked in a sickenly sweet way, "They all look unique and interesting. They're going to make good test subjects."

Test subjects?, Nana thought as she subtly studied the areas around her a bit more, This isn't a factory...It's a science lab?

She closed her eyes and tried to listen as best she could inside the rubber suit. I can definitely hear machines. They are making something. That is for sure.

"Yes, I thought you would especially like this cyborg," the man standing in front of Nana said.

She immediately snapped to attention and her whole body tensed. Don't you dare touch him.

"He is worth testing. You're right. I can't wait!" the Master exclaimed happily, "What a rare find!"

Then the Master's voice turned stern. "I want you to lock them up in a room so they can't escape," he ordered, "I will get to them once I finish with my other test subjects."

Nana's eyes narrowed. There are others...

"Yes, Master," the men all chorused.

"Shurururu," the Master laughed and he turned to walk away, "Just make sure you lock them far away from the Biscuit Room. I don't want any of you to startle the children."

A full blown chill ran down Nana's spine and she felt physically ill. There are children here?!

"Yes, Master," the men replied again and the leader of the group started to shout orders, "You, take the cyborg. You, take the woman. You, take the raccoon."

The last one was directed at Nana and she casually threw Chopper over her shoulder. She also hoisted Pygmy up from around the waist with her other arm.

"Oh. I didn't even realize you were that strong, Belenos," someone said and Nana stiffened. The man slapped Nana on the back, "Good on you."

Nana balanced Chopper on her shoulder and gave a thumbs up sign with her freed hand. The man walked off, dragging Sanji by the foot and Nana let out a small sigh of relief. Okay that was close...But what kind of name is Belenos?! What a stupid name. Makes me want to punch him in the face again.