Ch 70 - Blood & Glory

"Come on! Come on! Come on!" Nana shouted as she swung her hammer over and over again. She was about a third of her way through the Noah as it drew closer and closer to Fishman Island. She hadn't stopped when Luffy beat Hordy the first time. She certainly didn't stop when that cheap bastard took another handful of his stupid Energy Steroids and she gained more momentum when her captain beat the shark for the second and final time.

"Nana!" Luffy cried as he ran over to her, "Let me help! Between you and me we might be able to make it in time."

"Yes, Captain!" Nana replied, not pausing in her hammer, which had a whirring buzzsaw around the hammer head for maximum damage.

"AHHH! ELEPHANT GATLING!" Luffy shouted as he unleashed a flurry of enlarged, Armament Haki coated punches.

"I already broke the base of it," Nana said as she looked over at her captain, "So it should make it easier to-"

Her eyes widened at the amount of blood seeping out of Luffy's body. "Luffy, you-"

"Luffy-sama, your wound is opening up!" Shirahoshi cried as she swam up to the side of the broken ship.

"Ignore it!" Luffy ordered, "We need to concentrate on destroying this thing right now."

"But-" Shirahoshi protested.

"Understood," Nana said as she put her hammer on her back and turned the dial on both her gloves, "Well, it seems this ship has lightened somewhat. I think it's ready."

"Ready for what?" Luffy asked.

"Just keep punching and don't stop no matter what," Nana replied. as she raised her hands towards bottom of the ship. "Nana Special! Sea Wave!"

She began to pull in the sea from the bottom, creating an upward sea current, and it started to slow down the bubble even more. Nana could feel her heart palpitate as the magnetic force was three times stronger than what she had to use to subdue the waves of Wahino. After all, the ark was bigger than a small island.

"Ahhhhhh!" Luffy shouted as Nana kept her hands out, ignoring all the blood pouring out of her captain.

She strengthened the force on her gloves and the bubble began to slowly move backwards. "Oh my god, it's working!" Nana gasped just as blood came out of her mouth too.

"AH, NANA-SAMA!" Shirahoshi yelled.

"Ignore it, Princess!" Nana shouted, repeating her captain's words, "I'm fine! This is working! Luffy, keep punching! The lighter it gets, the farther I can repel this away."

"AAHHHHHH!" Luffy exclaimed again, his mind already beyond reason.

Shirahoshi looked frantically between the rubber man and the mechanic. There was so much blood, mostly from Luffy-sama, and she didn't know what to do. "Luffy-sama...Nana-sama..." she whimpered, "Help...Help...somebody help them..."

The blood pouring out of the rubber man's torso and dripping from the mechanics lips were bringing back horrible memories of her own mother's death. She squeezed her eyes shut and she clasped her hands over her face. If someone didn't help Luffy-sama, everyone she loves would die. Luffy-sama would die! Help them! Somebody help them!

"Stop."

Shirahoshi's eyes flew open as she watched a group of Sea Kings swim past the Noah. Each of them grabbed one of the chains and began to pull it back even faster. She swam in front of Luffy-sama and Nana-sama and spread her arms out. "Luffy-sama! Please stop! Nana-sama!"

Nana gasped and immediately turned off her dial, to avoid damaging the princess while Luffy continued to punch around her. "What are you talking about, Princess?!" Nana demanded, "If we don't stop people are going to die! Get out of the way!"