Ch 54 - Alone

Nana never really liked clowns in general but the clown that called himself Captain Buggy was really pushing the envelope. He was hovering overhead, clutching Luffy and a Fishman, and refusing to hand them over to her. She loathed him from the depths of her soul. She didn't know who this clown pirate was but he was annoying beyond all hell.

"Like I said!" she demanded up at him, "I'm his nakama! Bring him over here!"

"And I'm a doctor," Law added, "I can treat Straw Hat-ya."

"Are you kidding me?!" the clown exclaimed, "Doctors don't carry swords and if you really are his nakama, where's the rest of your crew? What are you doing with that guy?"

"You're a doctor?" Nana asked in disbelief to Law, "Really?!"

"Do you two even know each other?!" the clown blustered.

"No! We don't!" Nana shot back, "Like I said, I'm a Straw Hat pirate so get Luffy's ass over-"

The sounds of cannon fire interrupted her and her eyes widened. "WATCH OUT!"

A large cannonball was fired directly from behind the clown and he narrowly dodged it by flying to the sky. Nana faced the front of the ship and turned the dial on her glove as three cannonballs began to fire out at the ship.

"Nana Special!" she yelled, raising her hand, "Repel!"

Law's lips tightened as he observed her actions. He had seen her do something similar at the Auction House but seeing it up close was an entirely different feel. Her power was interesting. It was not a Devil Fruit like Kid and clearly, she built it herself. Law narrowed his eye. I could use that power.

"Captain! The Navy ships are coming!" the polar bear shouted from the top of the submarine and making Law to look up at his navigator.

Nana was about to power up her glove even more when the submarine began to shake violently as the sea began to swell and crash around them. "What the hell?!" she roared as she grabbed Pygmy by the neck while using her magnetic glove to stick to the metal floor.

"Blackbeard is using the Tremor-Tremor Fruit power again...the one he acquired from Whitebeard!" a voice echoed in her head.

Nana's head shot up as more voices started to seep into her mind. Blackbeard?

"The ground...the sky and the sea...it's shaking!"

"Help us! Ahhhhh!"

"The ship is going to turn!"

Nana squeezed her eyes shut. She had no hands to cover her ears. The intensity of the battlefield rang in her mind. She didn't know what to focus on. Her head was exploding with the noise while her body was swaying back and forth from the violent waves. She could barely breathe, let alone move. "Can everyone..." she panted, feeling nauseous and overwhelmed, "Just..."

"Ahhh! I don't want to die!"

"Stop the Navy!"

"Kill the pirates!"

She leapt onto her feet and released her hold on Pygmy. She turned the dial on her wrist as she held it high above her head. "...CALM THE FUCK DOWN?!"

The waves around the submarine stopped as she shot out a bubble of magnetic energy that suppressed the waves in a 50 meter radius and the submarine stilled immediately.

Everyone in viewing distance gaped at the mechanic except the Surgeon of Death. The doctor's lips twisted into a cold smirk. Yes. She could be very useful indeed.