Chapter 1 - A Konoha Shinobi

Misaki pov:

I smiled as I walked the bustling streets of Konoha, my home. People waved and greeted me on the way and children grinned at me as they ran by. It was definitely peaceful and I was glad to be a part of this village where everything was just perfect….well perfect in its best possible way.

The village was a great place with every loyal shinobi. I think its mainly because of how impartial and kind the hokage is. Everyone here was proud to be able to serve the village and we had gentle yet strong shinobi’s. And Naruto being here was an additional plus point. A kid like him….I had faith that one day, he would make the world a better place.

“Good morning Misaki chan! Good work on protecting the village!” An old lady greeted me as we passed. “Good morning o ba san.” I smiled back. I walked past the busy shops and waved to the children who ran past me with wide grins. Probably off to the academy. I smiled as they greeted me, since I was quite popular in the village. Everyone said I was beautiful, but I never actually though so. I looked pretty normal.

I am also a shinobi who serves this village, my rank being ANBU. I have dedicated my life for the people of this village. I am one of the last surviving Uchiha’s besides Sasuke and Itachi. Painful memories are all that is left with me from that horrible experience.

5 years ago, the Uchiha clan was massacred by Itachi. Itachi, the kindest and most gentle person I have ever known was given a mission to kill every last person in the Uchiha clan to protect the village. I would never forget that day.

>>Flashback

I gulped as the village gates came into my vision. My heart was beating wildly and my palms were sweaty. Last night was the designated time. The mission that Itachi had decided to fulfill by himself.

I took a deep breath and walked to the entrance. The guards who usually kept a register to enter the names of people who entered and left the village were not there. The stalls were empty and the whole village had an aura of gloom. I bit my lip and my eyes stung painfully. It had happened, hadn’t it?

My legs trembled as I made my way to the Uchiha compound. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to see the entrance blocked by the yellow tapes. My legs buckled and I fell to the ground as tears rolled carelessly down my cheeks. “No….To san! Ka san! Everyone!!!”

I got up and tried to make a mad dash to the compound, but hearing my screaming, other ANBU stopped me from moving. I desperately struggled and helplessly reached out to try and get closer. My eyes widened and I felt my vision fade as I was given a hard strike on the back of my neck.

>Timeskip

I whimpered and opened my eyes slowly to see white ceiling. I sat up slowly and looked around to see I was in the hospital. I felt my eyes sting and my heart get heavy at the memory of what I saw just before I was knocked out. I looked out the window and saw that it was night. There were dark clouds covering the sky and the weather made the mood seem even duller than before.

I slowly got off the bed, my body feeling drained of energy and I walked out of the room. I looked around and the halls seemed deserted. I made my way quietly out the hospital and walked barefoot to the Uchiha compound. I stood in front of the yellow tape that was pulled across the entrance and I felt my chest get tight.

I moved them aside and walked into the compound. I looked around. It was quiet….absolutely silent and I felt the tears fall from my eyes at the overwhelming sense of insecurity I felt now. My breaths were raspy and I walked the blood stained streets that made my stomach churn.