Chapter 6 - Wounded and running away

Misaki/Mia pov:

After several hours of walking, we made it back to Lior. With Edward in his current state, we wouldn’t be able to fight and unless I took off the seal that chained down my chakra, fighting would be dangerous. I guess the best choice now was to rest up a little and head back to central city.

We walked into an inn in Lior and I asked the receptionist for one double bed room and one single bed room. I handed the double bed room keys to Al and I walked away without another word. When I got into my room, I slammed the door shut and leaned against it. I sighed and felt my eyes sting again.

I gave a heavy sigh and shook my head, coming back to my senses. I dropped my supplies bag on the bed and stood in the middle of the room. I put my hands together and made hand signs. “Kai!” I broke the chakra seal I had on myself and I sighed feeling relieved and energized as my chakra flowed through me. But in a split second, I reduced it and hid it.

I bit my thumb drawing some blood, did hand signs and placed my hand on the ground. “Kuchiyose no jutsu!” A white cloud of smoke appeared and when it cleared, I saw Pakkun. “Misaki chan, good to see you.” He said and I smiled. “Good to see you too. Pakkun, could you give this to Kakashi san please?” I dint have the mood to even ask a simple question on how everyone in the village was…..I was so mentally tired.

I held out a scroll to him. I had been recording activities and important information that I was able to gather over the past 2 months and I had jotted it down in the scroll. I had to report the progress regularly so Tsunade sama could send in reinforcements in case I needed it. Pakkun took the scroll in his mouth, nodded and poofed away.

I sighed and shook my head. I walked out to the balcony of the room and watched the busy city silently.

Scar pov:

I had long figured that the fullmetal brat and the dragon alchemist were going to Lior. I had followed their footprints and since the desert winds weren’t intense at this time of the year, they had not been blown off.

When I made it to the city, I kept a low profile and walked through deserted alleys trying to find them. There were quite a few military soldiers here and since I was a wanted criminal, I tried to avoid their gaze as much as I could. I stood in one alley and looked around and narrowed my eyes when I saw the girl.

She was standing in the balcony of an inn and she was watching the city. Her eyes looked distant and she sighed. “I didn’t think this mission would be this challenging….” She muttered and I narrowed my eyes further. Being a state alchemist, she should have expected the risks and dangers. Probably she would have been better off as a normal military personnel. But I guess Ishbala had decided her fate.

I looked around and made sure there were no military men around and I made my way to the inn. I didn’t bother talking to the receptionist and I went to the floor they were staying in. I opened the door of the room in which she was and locked it behind me. She seemed to have heard me and she walked back into the room. When she saw me, she raised an eyebrow questioningly but didn’t seem afraid at all.

I was expecting that she would be scared since she hadn’t been able to fight me off earlier this day. But she just sighed and shook her head, walked past me and sat down on the bed. She pulled out her bag and began going through something that looked like a scroll. I narrowed my eyes at her strange behavior.

“You do not seem to be afraid.” She gave a short laugh but didn’t look up from what she was reading. “Should I be afraid?” It was as if she was mocking me and I glared, taking off my shades.

“You are weak, and you couldn’t fight me. I could kill you in less than a second now.” She chuckled amused and I frowned. “Weak? I suppose in your eyes I look weak. But looks can be deceiving, correct?” She looked up with a smile. I couldn’t understand her at all.