Chapter 27 - Our new family

Hey everyone! Here's just a short chapter on Jean's and Mia's new family life :) I have a few twists in the next few chapters so stay tuned!!! 

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misaki pov:

I held Kairi close to my chest and leaned against Jean as he supported my weight. He was also looking at Kairi with such warmth and both of us were so happy that we had finally started a family of our own. It was the happiest moment of my life.

Coming to this world, falling in love, marrying Jean and having a baby. I felt so much happiness after all those years of living in the past. But now I had learned to live in the present and actually let myself experience the true joys of life.

I smiled softly at Kairi in my arms and I looked up when I heard a knock on the door. “Come in.” I said softly and I say lt Hawkeye enter and give a warm smile at me. “I hope I’m not bothering…..its quite late.” She said and I shook my head. “Of course not. Please come in, lt Hawkeye.”

She was wearing casual wear and she walked up to the bed after closing the door behind her. She looked at Kairi asleep in my arms and smiled softly. “She’s adorable! Congratulations!” I chuckled softly and thanked her. I looked at the clock and it was 9:30 already. No wonder she said it was late. “Lt Havoc, why don’t you go home for a bit and change? I’ll stay with Mia until you get back.” She said and I smiled.

I turned my head back to look at Jean. He was still in his uniform and I guess he was worried and had completely forgotten that he hadn’t changed yet. Well he hadn’t even made it home when I went into labor and he had rushed me to the hospital. “Yeah Jean, you should go freshen up.” I told him softly and he pouted. “But I don’t wanna leave you and Kairi…..”

I giggled at his cuteness. But he got up and let me lean back on the reclined bed. He kissed my forehead lovingly and walked towards the door. “I’ll be back in half an hour.” I smiled and nodded and he walked out and closed the door behind him. Lt Hawkeye pulled out a chair and sat down next to me. “I was coming to your house with lt Havoc just a little while ago.” I blinked and then smiled. “I remember hearing him say I would be happy to have someone over. So you were visiting?” I asked and she nodded.

I bowed my head downwards. “Thank you lt Hawkeye. I really appreciate all of your concern.” “I would like it if you called me Riza when we are off work, Mia. And please don’t thank me….we’re really happy to have you with us. Especially lt Havoc.” She said and I nodded with a smile. I sighed softly as I heard my stomach let out a growl. I was tired and hungry and sleepy…..

“I’ll get you something to eat.” Riza got up from the chair and walked out of the room. The room was silent and I looked down at Kairi when she shifted and whimpered. She started off with soft hiccups but then began to cry.  My gaze softened. She must be hungry too. I held her closer to me and fed her until she was full and then wrapped her in my arms again and waited for Riza to return.

She came back in a few minutes and she had a bowl of porridge. “The doctor said its best if you eat light food for the time being.” I smiled and nodded. She placed the porridge on the table and took Kairi from my arms and cooed to her as she gurgled. I took the chance to eat the porridge and calm my grumbling stomach.

After I was done eating, I gave a sigh. By body felt drained of energy and I just wanted to sleep. Riza seemed to notice and she smiled. “Why don’t you go ahead and sleep. I’ll wait outside until lt Havoc returns.” I smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry for the trouble.” She shook her head with a smile. “Its no trouble at all.”