Chapter 13 - Hate and whisked away again

Jean pov:

“Jean…..lets break up.”

I felt like I couldn’t breathe for a minute. Mia’s face was blank and she stared at me in the eye. I tried to find any sign that she was joking….I was desperate, but I saw none. I took a deep breath and composed myself.

“Mia…..what happened? This is not a joking matter.” “I’m not joking, Jean. We should break up.” My heart gave another painful thump. No….this couldn’t be happening.

I grabbed her shoulders and almost glared at her. “Why?! I proposed to you! And you accepted! I want to spend the rest of my life with you Mia….I love you, I want to marry you and live with you forever!” She sighed and looked away.”I’m sorry, but I cant do that.”

Mia/Misaki pov:

He tightened the grip on my shoulders as I refused to continue dating him. In all honesty, I felt like my heart was being torn into pieces and being stomped all over. I loved him so much, but I knew I had to let go before it was too late. I didn’t look at him, but I he moved one hand and tilted my head up quickly.

My eyes went wide when he kissed me desperately and forced his tongue into my mouth. Despite wanting to break up, my eyes just shut closed and I kissed back. I brought my arms around his neck and held his hair in my hands and our lips moved feverishly against each others. He tilted his head and deepened the kiss and I moaned softly.

I felt his hand reach my shirt and since I was wearing a button up shirt, I felt him pop out all the buttons. I shivered and goosebumps erupted on my skin as I felt his fingers brush my bare skin. He brought his arms around me and pulled me flush against him and the ridges on his belt poked my stomach. His hands rubbed circles on my lower back. I shivered and moaned and grabbed his hair in my fists. He groaned into the kiss but then I froze when his fingers touched the hem of my innerwear.

My eyes snapped open and I realized what I was doing. I pushed him away roughly and covered my mouth with the back of my hand while panting. He was watching with wide eyes and his face was slightly flushed due to the heat of our moment. He flushed darker when he saw my unbuttoned shirt.

I gave a hopeless glare at him and cursed under my breath. “I told you that we’re breaking up!” He clenched his fist and gave me a pained stare. “If you did want to break up, why did you kiss back?! And why would you let me touch you like that?!” I flinched but brought my hands up and buttoned up my shirt again. He had seen me half naked….I felt slightly embarrassed and somewhat happy…but I couldn’t let this go on!

Please Jean! Don’t make this harder for me than it already is! “I don’t love you anymore!” That’s not true Jean! I love you so much, it hurts!

“That’s not true Mia! Please! Tell me what’s wrong!” Jean begged and my chest hurt more and more as each minute passed. “Nothing is wrong! Just break up with me!” Please, do it before it hurts more!

“I wont until you give me a proper reason!” Jean came and held my shoulders again and I clenched my hands and used my last resort. “Because there’s someone else!” Jean went stiff and I froze at the words that left my mouth. I cant believe I said that….I cant believe I said something so painful to him. My eyes stung and I clenched my jaw, but I stepped away from him and his hand dropped to his side.

I looked up at him and flinched at the agony and betrayal I saw on his face. I took a silent deep breath and put on a poker face. “I’m sorry, but there’s someone else I like. So we cant go out anymore.” He flinched but gave me another pained look. “W-who? The c-colonel?” I shook my head. “No. A childhood friend.”