Chapter 5 - Scar

Misaki pov:

We had finally made it to Lior and after packing up some water and supplies. We were walking through the desert now. Ed was exhausted and I chuckled as he walked sloppily. “Ed? Do you wanna take a break?” He perked up and turned to me with a glare. “I’m not weak! I don’t need a break!” he turned around swiftly and continued to walk.

I chuckled. “I was just looking out for you.” He grumbled under his breath and I rolled my eyes.

After a few more minutes of silent walking, we began to see some buildings up ahead. They were pretty worn down and as we entered the ruins, lots of the buildings were broken and the only things left were the walls and broken windows.

I looked around as we walked through. The whole place was silent and the dry desert wind blew through the deserted streets. My chest felt tight. This atmosphere reminded me so much of the Uchiha compound on that dreadful and fated night. I took a deep breath and sighed. I clenched my jaw as my eyes stung, but I stayed passive. I didn’t want Ed and Al to realize my odd behavior.

“Ed? How far do you think we’ll have to go?” I asked and he just sighed. “Since the colonel has given this mission, we’ll probably have to go to the ends of the earth.” He groaned. I smiled lightly. I could see him like a little brother….a little bratty brother because of the way he acted. I chuckled to myself and caught up with him.

I ruffled his head and he jumped away. “What are you doing?!” He yelled while holding the top of his head. I laughed. “I just felt like doing that.” I shrugged and Al laughed with me. I held Al’s hand and held out my hand to Ed too. He eyed it warily but sighed when I didn’t retract my hand. He gave up and held my hand with a blush.

We continued to walk hand in hand and soon we were out of the ruins. We were travelling through the desert again. When we were in Lior, we had overheard someone saying that he had seen a group of Ishbalans a few miles away from the ruins. We had asked them where exactly they had gone and we had got an approximate coordinate direction. So we were walking to that place now.

We had got some supplies from Lior so we had water and some amount of food, so we didn’t get too exhausted in the desert. After almost half a day of walking, we made it to another worn down city. Though this place was buzzing with people. Just as the man at Lior had said, it was probably the place where the Ishbalans were. We looked at each other and nodded.

We took quiet steps, avoiding the gaze of any people and managed to hide behind a broken wall. I squinted my eyes and looked at the people. They all had tan skin and deep red eyes. Definitely not the sharingan, but red eyes nonetheless. They all looked happy and were talking with smiles and had a family aura around them.

Among all of them, from inside one of the slightly worn down buildings, I could sense a chakra similar to an alchemist. Though, it seemed to be concentrated in a particular part of that person’s body and the rest of his body had the chakra of a normal person.

I narrowed my eyes but Edward brought me out of my thoughts. “Mia…I mean Miss Mia…” I smiled at him. “You can call me just Mia. That’s fine.” He nodded and looked back to the people there. “We may have a chance to meet Scar here. His right hand has this pattern and he uses alchemy in that arm to kill people. Basically he only breaks down matter and doesn’t complete the process of alchemy. So whatever happens, don’t let him touch you with his right hand, got it?”

He looked at me seriously and I nodded. Judging from the way he said it, this guy must be a really strong enemy…..well relatively speaking.

“Oh, and he also has an ‘X’ shaped scar on his face.” Edward added and I nodded again. We just sat there behind the wall and watched the people. They didn’t seem to be doing anything suspicious and I was starting to get bored. I wanted some action! I had been here for almost 2 months and I didn’t have even the slightest bit of progress on my mission!