Chapter 12 - Life is Unfair

Mia/Misaki pov:

I jumped fast through the trees. My mind raced at the million thoughts that swirled. After being here for more than 6 months, I had finally heard of the first signs of the akatsuki. When they were talking about puppets, I was 100% sure it was Sasori. It had to be.

So now I knew one of the teams that was sent here…..who were the others? I thought about all the akatsuki members…..all of them were dangerous in their own ways and I would definitely need back up when the time came to fight against them. Perhaps I would have to contact Tsunade sama soon and ask her to send someone across.

I shook my head and narrowed my eyes. I pushed off on another branch. This is not the time to think so far ahead. First I have to get back to Central and tell everyone about the homunculi and then plan out my strategy to get more information on what the akatsuki were planning to do. But wait….if I did tell them about the homunculi….well, I had already mentioned about Envy. Edward knew about Lust, Greed and someone called Gluttony; but what about the fuehrer and his secretary?

If people knew about that, everything would go to the dogs. I think it wouldn’t be such a good idea to poke my nose into things that I wasn’t supposed to detail out. Besides, he was the topmost person in the military! As if people would believe me and even if they did, the fuehrer would probably do something and get me fired or send out someone to kill me in an ‘accident’ and then my whole cover would get blown.

I sighed. This is stupid. I guess right now I should just worry about meeting up with Jean again and taking some time to recover from the stupid bruises.

It took me less than an hour to reach the main city and I stopped jumping just behind a few bushes. I was sweating and I plucked some branches and rubbed them against my arms and legs. I winced as they left scratches and bits of blood appeared, but I had to pretend like I was desperately running away and obviously running through a forest was bound to give me scratches. I jogged on the spot to sweat some more and get slightly out of breath and then I began to run full fledged out of the bushes and to the roads.

I ran forcing tears from my eyes and headed to the main military building. The guards who saw me at the gate widened their eyes but didn’t stop me as I went past them and into the building. I ran to the colonel’s office and stopped outside the door momentarily. I could hear screaming and my heart thumped at what I heard.

“But colonel! Its been 2 days and we still cant find her! Let me go and look for her!” Jean was yelling and he sounded desperate. “Havoc! I know you love her and you’re worried, but we have sent out our elite men! Under the fuehrer’s direct orders! You have to calm down! She’ll be fine!” I shivered at the worry and care Jean had for me and I shook my head once.

I slammed open the door and everyone went silent seeing me. I forced some more tears out and collapsed on my knees. Jean ran to me and got on his knees in front of me and held me in a tight embrace. “Mia! Mia! My Mia!” “Havoc! Don’t! She might be a homunculus!” The colonel shouted, but being in Jean’s arms made my forced tears turn real and I grabbed onto his back tightly and sobbed.

I don’t even know why I cried. True, I did miss him, but its not like I was scared or anything right? Then what did my chest feel so tight and why was I really crying like this? “Jean! I-I was so scared! I was so afraid!” I began to hiccup and he rubbed my head soothingly.

“Havoc! I order you to let her go now!” Jean snapped and I felt him tilt his head. “Colonel! Its is her! I know and I can tell the difference between her and a fake!” He yelled and held me tighter. “Ah!” I winced and he let me go. I clenched my jaw and shut my eyes tightly as the bruises began to hurt rather badly. The running and Jean’s hold seemed to have made it worse.