Chapter 19 - The chase and the freedom

Misaki pov:

I woke up earlier than Jean today. I let him sleep in and by the time I had gotten ready and gathered with the team in the living room, lt Furey and officer Falman were already there and watching Neji, Tenten and Lee. I sighed and shook my head and went and sat down on the couch in front of them.

“Good morning Misaki san!” Lee chimed and I chuckled. “Good morning everyone. Did you guys sleep well?” I asked. They nodded and smiled. “Yes, thank you.” We sat silently for a few minutes and snapped our heads up when Jean walked into the living room. He had also washed up and he was ready for the day.

He received confused stares from lt Furey and officer Falman and I just gave an awkward smile. I cleared my throat and got up from the couch. Lt Furey and officer Falman stiffened and Jean looked quizzically at me. I gave a nod and everyone walked out of our apartment and made it to the road.

Our guards were stiff and nervous and I heard them gulp. I ignored it and turned to Neji and Tenten. “Now, you 2 should head out to Dublith. The sooner you get there, the better.” I said and they nodded. “We understand.”

“We cant allow you to leave!” Lt Furey said. I gave a smile and turned to him and he flinched back. “No matter what you say, and no matter what orders you have, you know you cannot stop us. Please…..don’t make this difficult.” They frowned and I turned back to Neji and narrowed my eyes. Jean came and stood next to me and I let my eyes fall to the ground for a second before I spoke.

Jean pov:

Mia was a lot different than I had known her as before. Of course, now she didn’t have to hide what power she truly possessed and she seemed to be the kind of person who had a strong sense of understanding about battles and fights. It was actually quite impressive and I listened intently as she spoke to the people who we had to ‘watch’ over.

“Neji….there are some things I want you to know about Sasori.” Mia said and Neji narrowed his eyes. I looked at Mia and noticed her eyes were extremely focused and she looked determined.

“Sasori, as you know, is a puppet master. He controls his puppets with chakra strings. He’s extremely skilled so I want you to make sure that whatever happens, you cant let him make any sort of contact with you.” I frowned, not quite understanding what she was trying to tell.

“If he touches you….either directly or through his puppets, he can attach his chakra strings to you. And you will become his puppet.” Neji stiffened and I clenched my fists. Become someone’s puppet? Being able to control their body? That’s not practically possible….is it? “I want you to try and use long distance attacks….damage him from the distance. I have seen him control people before, and the only way to free yourself from him is by using a chakra coated weapon to cut the strings that bind you together.”

Even though I couldn’t understand much of the situation, I could tell that Mia was highly skilled in fighting strategies and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of her opponents. She seemed to not underestimate people and analyzed them though roughly before giving instructions.

“He’s also a specialist in poisons. We don’t know what kinds of poisons he uses and we probably wont have any antidotes for it…..so make sure you don’t get even a scratch from him, got it?” She pointed her hand at them and they stiffened but nodded. “Stay safe and watch each other’s backs.” They nodded and I watched with wide eyes as they jumped on the roof tops so easily and disappeared from sight within seconds.

Mia sighed and turned to me. I felt a little nervous…..I didn’t want her to break up or think of crazy things anymore. I wanted her with me….I had made her understand that and I wasn’t going to give her up again no matter what her real name is and no matter what power she really possessed. She took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes slightly.