Chapter 8 - Trouble in the military

Dedicated to Dragon_Wings chan!! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mia/Misaki pov:

I stretched my arms above my head and opened my eyes to see my apartment ceiling. I winced as my side hurt slightly and groaned in annoyance. I turned my head to the side and sweatdropped.

Someway through my sleep, I had fallen halfway off the bed and I was asleep on the floor with my legs on the bed. I sighed and shook my head. I moved around and sat down on my knees on the floor and looked around my room.

I stood up and held my hand in seal formation. “Kai!” I felt my chakra return to me and I sighed in comfort. I held my hand over my side and healed my wound completely. Of course, I would still have to wear bandages and pretend that I wasn’t fully healed. But pretending was so much better than actually having to stay wounded.

Feeling back to normal I took a shower and got ready for the day. I decided to head to the HQ and do something in the office. The colonel would probably give me paperwork and I was willing to do that instead of sitting in my apartment bored to the core.

I exited my apartment and locked it. I left the building and walked to the HQ building and when I entered, I was greeted and congratulated by several people for my good recovery. Well, I didn’t know most of the people who congratulated me but I sent them smiles and words of gratitude for their concern.

I sighed finally getting past all of them and making it to the colonel’s office. I knocked and let myself in. the minute I stepped into the room, all eyes turned to me and everyone cheered. “Welcome back miss Mia!” Lt Furey greeted and I chuckled. “Hi everyone.” I sent a wave and the colonel walked up to me.

“Welcome back Mia. Since I cant send you on missions for a while, I hope you’re ready to take on some paperwork.” I sweatdropped. Right to the point and when he said ‘some’ I knew he actually meant ‘all’. I nodded with a sheepish smile and he grinned. “Well, I’ll leave it to you then!” he patted my shoulder and walked out of the office with lt Hawkeye following. I blinked after he closed the door and looked at his table.

My jaw nearly dropped to the ground seeing 5 huge stacks of papers lying there for me to go over. I sighed and the others in the room chuckled. “Don’t worry, we’ll help you.” Lt Breda said and I sent a thankful smile his way. I looked away from him and my gaze met with Jean. My heart skipped a beat and I quickly looked away in embarrassment. I cleared my throat awkwardly and walked to the colonel’s table.

I took one stack of papers and looked around the room for an empty seat. I sweatdropped when I saw that the only empty seat was next to Jean. I sighed softly but walked to the seat and put down the sheets on the table. I sat down in the seat and rolled up my sleeves. “Ok! Lets get this started!” I yelled in enthusiasm and opened a pen. I began to read through the papers and even though I was awkward at first, as I got more and more interested in the papers, the fact of jean sitting right next to me became more comfortable.

Several hours passed as all of us got some paperwork done but there were still 2 stacks and the time was 8PM already. I sighed and stretched my arms above my head. “Aww man….I cant believe the colonel makes us do all his work…”

I looked up when I saw lt Furey standing in front of me and fidgeting. “U-um, Miss Mia? I have to leave now…..I was supposed to meet up with my cousin…..” I smiled and nodded. “That’s ok, go ahead. We’ll manage.” “I have to leave too.” Lt Breda said and everyone else began to give reasons too. “Fine, all of you guys leave. I’ll help Mia finish the paperwork.” Jean said and the rest of them left.