Chapter 28 - Kidnapped and unexpected guests

Misaki pov:

“Kairi! C’mon over here! Its time to get ready!” I called out to my daughter. She’s grown into a beautiful little girl and she’s 3 and a half years old now. “Coming, mommy!” I heard her cute voice and she came running to me. I laughed softly as I picked her up in my arms and looked at her.

“So, are you ready to go see aunt Riza’s wedding?” I asked her and she nodded vigorously.

Yup, you read it right. Its been 4 years since Jean’s and my wedding and the big news in town is the colonel and Riza getting married. They had been totally over each other since quite a long time but both of them were just too thick headed to confess to each other. Well, I had to be the one to put them up for it and after setting up a blind date for them, they had finally gotten together.

And after much fussing from my side, they had decided to tie the knot.

Riza often came over to our house and Kairi had gotten quite attached to her. So she was aunt Riza now. And today we were going to attend their wedding at the local church.

Unfortunately, and not quite surprisingly, I had had to complete some of the colonel’s paperwork which had to be submitted to the HQ today. The colonel had said he was too busy making preparations for the wedding, but he just wanted to escape the boredom of having to do it so he had given it to me. Well, I decided to let him off today since it is a special day.

Jean’s parents and grandpa had come over for a visit and they had headed off to the church to help with the preparations. And Jean was going to come to the church directly after work.

Jean was a lot busier than before since he had been promoted to lt col about a year ago. I was really happy for him, but of course, with higher positions come more responsibility. He still worked for the colonel and so did I but things were running very smoothly for us.

We did have a few problems with the homunculi but they had been keeping quiet recently since they knew they couldn’t go against me. Well, besides that, I felt they were keeping too quiet about all of this. It made me suspicious, but I put if off thinking that they had finally accepted the fact that they couldn’t fight anymore. I didn’t really have to use my abilities much because people didn’t try to fight against me. They knew if they did, they would be pounded into the ground.

I sometimes used my tsukiyomi and genjutsu when we had to interrogate criminals got get the truth out of people without them knowing that they were actually giving themselves up. The military found that ability very useful and I felt that atleast I was getting some way of using my chakra.

“You look like a princess!” I smiled as I kneeled in front of Kairi. I had dressed her in a white gown and brushed her hair smoothly. She blushed and grinned widely and kissed my cheek. “Mommy looks like a princess too!” She cheered and I chuckled.

I picked her up in my arms and smiled. “Ready to go?” “Hmm!” She nodded with another bright smile and I picked up the house keys and walked out the door. I locked the house and began to walk towards the church. Kairi pointed to different things around as we walked and commented on things that she had learnt at the day care center. I smiled and laughed with her and after about 15 minutes of walking, we made it to the church.

When I walked in, I spotted Jean and his parents standing up front. Kairi spotted them too and wriggled in my arms. I let her down and she ran towards them. “Daddy!” She called and clutched onto his legs and looked up at with him with a flushed smile. Jean picked her up, twirled her once in the air and held her in his arms.  I laughed softly and walked to them.

“Oh my little princess looks so pretty today!” Jean said with a smile and Kairi chuckled as he poked her stomach with his nose. “Mia dear!” Mother called out and she hugged me. Father and grandpa smiled and Kairi pointed to me. “Doesn’t mommy look like a princess too, daddy?!” She asked excited and Jean sent me a warm smile.