Chapter 4 - Meeting the Fullmetal Alchemist

Misaki pov:

Its been 2 weeks since I became a state alchemist and all I have been doing is run errands for the colonel and his subordinates and do his paperwork. Honestly, he was the laziest person I have ever seen! Even Tsunade sama wasn’t this lazy! I mean, she would doze off at random times of the day in front of her paper work, but she would still finish it on time. But the colonel made all his subordinates do all the work!

“Ah….I cant believe this! I haven’t gone a single mission yet!” I muttered as I passed through the corridors at the HQ. My arms were stacked with a huge bundle of paperwork that colonel had given me and I had stayed up almost the whole night to finish it.

“Miss Mia!” I turned to see one of the soldiers in this division. He was a state alchemist and was a lieutenant colonel in rank. “Oh! You’re…..um Lt. Col. Bernard right?” He smiled and nodded with a slight blush. “I’m glad you remember me!” I chuckled and turned to face him. “What can I do for you lt. col?” “Well, I was wondering if you were free this weekend. We could have dinner together.” He scratched his cheek and blushed again.

I mentally sighed. He had been following me and stealing glances at me occasionally since I started working under the colonel. So he was asking me out too, just like all the others. I smiled not finding the heart to be rude and reject him on the first go. I didn’t want people to feel bad because of my likes and dislikes.

“I wouldn’t mind that. But I’m not sure of my schedule yet, so I’ll just talk to the colonel and let you know.” He nodded and smiled back. “That would be great! I do hope you’ll be free. Well, I’ll see you later then!” He waved and walked away.

I turned back around and sighed with a sweatdrop. I hope the colonel has work for me. It will be so weird to have lunch with him and then everyone else will start asking me out too…that would be troublesome. I shook my head and walked to his office.

I had gotten well acquainted with everyone in the office. They were all dependable people and some of them were funny in their own way. The colonel was always flirting and trying to act cool, and his subordinates usually ignored him when he did that. Lt. Furey was kinda the soft and puppy like person. He was pretty small for his age and he wore big glasses and occasionally whined about paperwork and too much stress.

I also knew Black Hayate, lt. Hawkeye’s dog. Quite a sporty dog and loyal too. I had also become good friends with lt. Havoc and I had heard from others that he had a really bad love life. Everytime he met up and got a girlfriend, they either ditched him for the colonel or because he was sometimes busy in the military. Poor guy….he was a really nice person and I felt he deserved better.

Lt Breda was funny. He was afraid of dogs and was lazy. I occasionally caught him snoring away in front of paper work and lt Havoc would wake him up before he got caught by the colonel.

I chuckled to myself and finally reached the colonel’s office. With great difficulty, I managed to open the door of his office and I stepped inside. “Hey colonel, I finished the paperwork you….” I stopped mid way when I saw 2 people standing there. One had golden hair and golden eyes and the other was a huge armor. They were standing in front of the colonel and they looked like they were talking seriously about something.

The colonel leaned back on his chair and smirked. “Just the person I was waiting for! Elric brothers, let me introduce you to the first female state alchemist and my future girlfr-ouch!” Everyone in the room sweatdropped as lt Hawkeye whacked him on the head with a book.

“Ahem, as I was saying, this is Mia Rosewater, the Dragon Alchemist. Mia, this is the Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric and his younger brother Alphonse Elric.” I blinked. “So the taller one is the younger brother?” I raised an eyebrow as I placed his finished paperwork on his desk. “HEY! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MIDGET THAT YOU CANT SEE WITHOUT A MAGNIFYING GLASS??!”