ch4

Ch4 Mrs. Lovett's POV

I wake up with a jump hearing a loud bang from above a bang that can only mean sweeney has killed again. I sit up and look at the clock it's only seven fifteen, i must have fallen asleep earlier then i thought. I mean i took sweeney his dinner early so i wouldn't have to go back up there later but he's normally done for the night by six, or at least he used to. I get get up and through my pink satin robe over me i walk past toby's room wondering if he is asleep yet i peek in and see no one there i look around untill i find him passed out on the floor in the parlor.

"You go to drink me out of house and home i swear it" i whisper kneeling down by him i move the empty bottle away from him placing my hand under his head i pick him up, he's such a skinny little slip of a think it takes no effort at all i place him in his bed and tuck him in.

"Good night son" i whisper kissing his temple. I close his door and walk out of the shop to check the beck house but once i get to the thick metal door my hands start to shake. I'm almost afraid to go down there. Is it an irrational fear, part of me thinks it's international it's just a room like any other room. But then again there's so much death down there. the death of so many other innocent people and almost myself. I shiver at the thought of sweeney almost killing me down there, i shake my head and run back into the shop locking the door behind me.

"Get ahold of yourself eleanor" i whisper pressing my back against the door inhaling deeply. Maybe it's just the pregnancy but i just can't bring myself down there at least not tonight. I walk back to my room i get under the converter and stare at the ceiling i focus on my breathing until i drift off to sleep

" mum... mum" a soft voice calls me my eyes blink open and i see toby standing over me.

"What is it love" i ask sitting up in bed stretching my arms above my head. I'm surprised toby was up before me i would have assumed he would have a dreadful hangover.

" i made some breakfast, it's ready on the table" he says and i smile at he he's such a sweet boy. Ruffle his hair kissing his head as i stand up.

"Thank you dear you're such a good boy" i reply he smiles happily bouncing out of the room. I smile closing the door behind him. I start to get dressed biking a dark purple dress out of my closet i put it on and put my corset in i don't tie it as tight as i normally would as to not harm the baby.

"Wot have we here" i say walking into the kitchen on the table there is hot porridge and fresh fruit laid out on the table i smile sitting down and fixing myself a bowl.

"I made enough for Mr. Todd to mum" he says and i nod finishing my last bite.

"I'll bring him a tray after i'm done in the back house" i state casually taking my plate to the sink i wash it off.

"You shouldn't be going up and down the stairs i could do it" he says and i almost drop my plate but a catch it just in time.

"No" i yell and toby jumps a bit. I can't have him down there seeing a dead body he still doesn't know what those pies are made of.

"no ... that's alright dear there lots of dangerous equipment" i say covering myself me just shrugs his shoulder and brings his plate up to me. He wipes down the tables not saying a word.

"You know what you could do. Why don't you run and get some baking supplies and pick up some nice toffees" i say suddenly turning to face him he nods smiling i give him money and he runs out to the markets. I have to open the shop some time might as well start making the dough. I go to the bake house slowly i bring myself to open the door. It's not as bad in daylight. I take a shake breath and walk down. As i shine the lantern down i see the dead body and i gasp the poor man's body is mutilated almost unrecognizable. I haven't seen this much disfigurement since the judge.I lurch and vomit on the cement floor at the sight. Upon closer inspection i see the man is soom type of office. What the bloody hell is sweeney playing at. I wipe my face off and run up the stares locking the door behind me.

"Mr. Todd, Mr. Todd" i call running up the stares i try and open the door but it's locked which is odd for him. I keep knocking and calling until he answers.

"What is it. Whats wrong are they here are the comming" he asks looking around i look at him confused in his eyes i see anger, darkness and something i've never seen before fear.

"No one's here Mr. T" i say and he pulled me into his shop locking the door behind him. His eyes look tired and bloodshot as if he hasn't slept at all.

"What's wrong Mr. T and what gotten into you killing a officer of some sort" i ask i see the tray of his dinner i brought up the other night untouched. He just stares off into the distance until i place a hand on his shoulder and he looks at me.

"The officer he was a gerd from australia.... He's the one who... who" he says and my expression who knows what they did to him down there i never asked but i remember the scars across his back it was something horrid.

"He gave you those scars didn't he" i ask and he nods looking down to the floor.

"He came for a shave and i thought he would recognize me... he said there on a man hunt for me" he replied and he starts to pace no wonder he's acting all paranoid. Poor thing.

" were you up the whole night" i ask placing a hand on his shoulder and he flinches ever so slightly

"They're coming. It's just a matter of time" he says not answering my question and i sigh.

"Easy love hush love hush dont destress yourself what's your rush" i sing the familiar songs his back is towards me know facing the window. I see him relax ever so slightly.

"I'm not going back there nellie" he states in an almost whisper he looks so varnurbull

"That's not going to happen" i say he just nods still looking out the window.

"I'll bring you some breakfast Mr. T" i say grabbing the old dinner tray i unlock the door and walk back down to the shop