ch24

Ch24 Mrs lovett's POV

"Come back nell" i here sweeny whisper over my seemingly lifeless body after jack leaves. I've been following sweeny around the whole day watching him. When jack showed up i feared the worst it's sweet they way he cares for me but he can't threaten sweeney like that. If he gets taken who will look after toby and annabell.

" i wish i knew how" i whisper even if it's only to myself i put a hand on his shoulder even though i know he can't feel it. I like the name he picked for our daughter annabell it's such a nece name. I follow sweeney as he walks into the parlor wear toby and the baby are sitting on the floor.

"Is everything alright sir" toby asks concern filling his voice as he hands annabell her rattle for her to play with.

"Everything is alright but if you see that man again don't let him in alright lad" sweeney says picking up the baby making her giggle which brings a small smile to sweeney's lips it's a shame he never got see johanna grow up because he was taken away from them.

"Yes sir" toby replys standing up and stretches a bit sweeney rocks annabell in his arms and she starts to fall asleep her dark long lashes falling over her face. I follow sweeney as he sets her down in her crib.

"Sleep well my pet" he whispers. Before quietly walking out. He's such a good father i just wish i could wake up and actually hold my child it's so frustrating just being able to look at her not to be able to hold her in her arms like i want to. I want to cry but can't ghost really cry is that what i am i never really believed in such things but here i am floating around seemingly transparent to everyone else. I wonder if i'm the only one around or if there are others. Sweeney stomps back up to the shop and flips the sight back to open he walks to the table and pulls out and old tattered picture at first i thought it would be the one of lucy and johanna but it one of me it's an old picture shortly after i married albert he must have got it from my room after i left. He wipes his eyes making me notice that he is in fact crying.

"Oh nellie, i don't know what to do i can't do this without you my love...... providence is not kind to us my dear" he says in i tired voice as he slumps in his barber chair he tips his head back and i get i full view of his beautiful face.

"Maybe i just wasn't meant to be happy" he mumbles

"Don't say that of course you were meant to be happy" i say but of course he can't hear me i kneel down next to him. If only i could comfort him in some way.

" serves me right for all the horrible things i've done the worst of which was hurting you i never ment to god if only i could take it all back the pain the suffering" he says to the picture he looks almost pitiful sitting there like that.

"I know love so do i" i reply softly if only life had not been so cruel to us if only things had been different, if we had been different.

"I love you" he says and he shuts his eyes painfully before he stands up and returns the picture to its place.

" i love you to" i say looking at him. He begins sharpening his razors. I go down to check on toby and the baby. Annabelle is still sound asleep in her crib and toby is silently reading a book beside her. Hes grown up so much already and seen things a boy his age should never have to. The baby starts to wine and toby sets down the book and picks her up.

"It's alright hush now" he whisper trying to rock her he's pretty good with her for a boy of therteen she keeps winning but doesn't wake up fully.

"Want me to sing to you, our mom has a beautiful voice ya know.... I hope you get to hear it one day" he says softly grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around her he thinks about what song to sing before he decides.

"Nothing's gonna harm you... not while i'm around nothing's gonna harm you no ser not while i'm around" i smile at him even if he can't see me i hope he knows how proud i am of him he really is like a son to me. I'm glad sweeney kept his promise and didn't send him away even if he doesn't want to show it i know sweeny is found of the boy.

"Demons are prowling every wear now a days i'll sent the howling i don't care i got ways no one's gonna hurt you no one's gonna dare others can desert you not to worry while i'll be there demons will charm you with a smile for a while but in time nothing gonna hate you" he sings rocking the baby in his arms i tear up a at the sweet sight

"Not while i'm around" we say at the same time if only he knew i was here with him. How proud i am of him . he sets her back in bed then walk to my room to check on me he carefully pokes his head in just to make shuraim there.

"Mum" he called on me but i lie there still unmoving i want to shout at my body to wake up and move to do something anything. The everything looks just as it did when i was alive just a little foggy or hazy.

"Mom wake up please i miss you so much.." he say coming in from the door his voice trebling with emotion

"You were gonna teach me more piano remember" he says placing his hand on my body's right hand. I look down at my ghost hand and i do somehow fell it fell his warmth i want to just reach out and hold him hug him. I fell so overcome with emotions.

"Please" he crys and he's sobbing now on the blankets beside me. Suddenly the fog gets thicker like it's clouding over.

"Toby i try to scream but nothing comes out. Everything is gray and spring until it all goes black.