ch15

Ch15 Mrs. Lovett's POV

"Mum" toby says knocking on the door i lift myself out of sweeny's arms and walk to the door wiping my tears i open the do and toby looks at me all worried like i pulled him into a hug at least i have him he may be the closest thing to a son i ever get.

"I'll go make some tea" sweeney says but toby lets go of me and shakes his head

"I'll do it sir" he says looking at sweeney saying that he wants him to stay here with me he hugs me one more time before running off i sit back on the bed and try to think. There still is some hope for the child.

"We'll get through this nell i swear" sweeney states kissing the top of my head. I melt into him a little. No matter how much i don't want to i give in and rest my head on his chest. I stand up carefully and there's a tight pain between my legs but i manage.

"You should stay in bed pet" he say and slowly sits me back down on the bed with him.

"But the shop and the pies i can't just sit here" i say sternly but he shakes his head his dark eyes glinting with amusement. He really is handsome i flick my eyes to his lips and for a second i think about kissing him but i don't.

"You stubborn women now just rest and ... here take up some knitting" he says handing me the half finished muffler i was making for toby i sigh in defeat and start to nit. I never did get to finish the muffler for him.

" someday i'll find you mood light behind you true to the dream i am dreaming. As i draw nearer you'll smile a little smile for a little while we shall stand hand in hand" i sing softly working away on the red yarn it's actually turning out quite nicely.

"Ill leave you never love you forever all are past sorrows redeeming make it all come true make me love you too someday i'll find you again" my mind can't help but wonder to sweeney i still love him and he's been trying so hard to make it up to me. I do a cast off on the final stitch of the muffler and take a look at it and smile toby will love it. I slowly pull myself up and make my way to the kitchen.

"I was just about to bring you a tray" sweeney say setting i tray with a cup of tea some bread and soup on it. He helps me to a booth and i sit down.

"I'm ok to walk around love i can stay in bed forever" i say he brings me the tray and sets it down in front of me i'm not all that hungry but i sip at the tea

"But you need the rest" he says urgently and i roll my eyes and look back to him a slight stubble on his chin from not shaving in a day or two abers and i can't help but reach my hand out and run my fingers across his face the slight scratchy feeling tickling my finger tips. He looks at me chorizo and lets me touch him. I drop my hand from his face and look down at the table.

"There was a time when you would flinch at my touch or any other sign of affection" i state not moving i don't know what got over me but just looking at him there like that i missed him. I remember when he was so cold and distant it would break my heart every time he shrugged me off. I place a hand over my swollen belly almost four months now.

"And now i've come to live for it" he says sweetly taking ahold of my hands and kissing them i want to believe him so bad . it seems every day i miss him a little more every day i want him to be that much nearer to me.

"I love you you know" he says smiling i can see him pleading with his eyes for me to say it back to him. Those three little words that mean so much. It seems the roles are reversed now him begging for attention and affection and me over contemplating and rationalising every move i make.

"I know" i whisper he opens his mouth to say something when the door bursts open and i man walks him heavy steeled toed boots clanking on the floor his short black hair slightly tousled from the wind.

"Sorry we're not open" sweeney says coldly glaring at the rude man he looks up revealing stunning green eyes i'd be lying if i said he wasn't attractive. He's a bit taller than sweeny and slightly more muscular.

"I'm here on official business with the lady" he says and i look at him confused what business could a handsome rich man have with me. Sweeney looks at me confused and i give him a look that says i dont know whats going on.

" how can i help you sir" i ask sweeney steps behind me glaring at the man in front of us he gives me a kind smile

" i'm here on a search from a missing persons case we'll multiple missing persons a group of guards to be exact" he states in a proper formal manner. My heart starts to rase i expected they would send someone looking for them but i didn't think it would be so soon.

"It was reported that they were last seen at your shop" he says and looking between me and sweeney. His eyes linger on me for a moment. I see a bit of lust flash through his eyes but it quickly disappears. I feel as though i should be afraid of him but i'm not he doesn't seem quite like the other guards.

"They were here they went for a shave with my neighbor her then stumbled their way home they were definitely three sheets to the wind" i reply breezily no one can say they didn't see them leave because it was so crowded and by the time the last of them was gone there was no one around to witness it.

" and around what time was this" he asks taking out a notepad and pencil i look at sweeney a moment and mouth the word go he hesitantly walk into the parlor. I walk behind the counter.

"I couldn't say im sure i believe it was around ten, they were all gone before we close up at eleven. I say i lean on the counter placing my head in my hand the man's eye move to my chest for a moment before returning to my face he's very proper not like most guards. Not like most men really.

"Alright thank you for your time Mrs..." he trails off not knowing my nave

"Mrs Lovett sir" i reply smiling at him slightly. Something in his eyes just draws me to him but he an officer a rich man, these foolish thoughts in my head get the better of me.

"Well Mrs Lovett thank you for your time, i might have to stop by for a pie some time" he says only then do i realize how close he is to me. He takes my hand and kisses it much to my surprise then walks out the door and down the street.

"What the bloody hell was that" i whisper to myself. Never in all my years have i felt like this with anyone other than sweeny..