ch11

Ch11

I wake up in the early morning falling an intense pain in my stomach i groan and roll over in bed my hand landing on something soft and warm only then do i remember that sweeney spent the night with. I start at him face and listen to the sound of his breathing for a moment, he looks so peaceful untroubled by all the wrongs that have been done to him. I sigh releasing i won't be getting back to sleep. I carefully get out of bed and put my robe on the warm wool and cotton mix warming my cold body. I make my way into the kitchen and start a pot of tea. Looking at the clock it's five thirty . i sit in a booth facing the window and sip on the tea no one will be up for a while so i don't need to worry about breakfast just yet.

"If one bell rings in the tower of bray ding dong your true love will stay ding sson one bell today in the tower of bray ding dong" i sing to the baby rubbing my stomach gently i still have bit of pain but since i had the tea it feels more manageable.

"If two bells ring in the war of bray ding dong ding dong your true love will stray ding dong ding dong two bells today in the tower of bray ding dong ding dong" i get up and put my cup in the sink and start to wash it.

"And if three bells ring in the tower of bray ding dong ding dong ding dong your love's gone away ding dong" i sing when i heard someone move behind me

"Ding dong ding dong three bells today in the tower of bray ding dong ding dong " sweeney sings and i turn around and smile at him his hair slightly messy

"If four bells ring in the tower of bray ding dong ding done then lovers must pray ding dong ding dong ding dongding dong" we sing together when i burst out laughing.

"I always loved that song" i say wiping a tear from my eyes i remember singing that song with the bedle right before sweeney killed him there are apparently twelve bells

" do you want some tea" i ask he nods and i get him a cup and start to make some breakfast. I grab a pot and start to make some porridge. I cut up some nice little bary to go in it as i cook sweeney stays silent just watching me with a little smirk on his face.

"What on earth are you smirking at" i ask placing my hands on my hips with the spoon in my right hand.

"Nothing it's just good to hear you laugh" he state and i look away for a moment as toby walks in dragging his feet he sits down and i bring him some porake kissing the top of his head the three of us eat with a bit of chatter then sweeney goes up to open his shop. The lunch rush goes buy in a daze i continue with my sale which bring in more customers but it's so busy i keep making fresh batches of pie. I keep my eye out for andy of the guards but nothing throughout lunch

"Mr T here's your lunch" i say bring sweeney a tray of food he's behind his chair sharpening his razor carefully.

"Thank you... anything" he asks i shake my head and he slams his razor down on the table making me flinch ever so slightly i set the tray down and walk closer to him

"Don't worry dear it won't be long" i say trying to comfort him he nods and walks over to the tray and takes a bite of the sandwich i made him

"All good things come to those who can wait" i whisper behind him he smirks a little and i pat him on the back and leave walking back down the stairs to the bake house i have to get backing lord knows how many people there will be at dinner.

"Mum the next batch is ready" toby says through the door i walk up the state's handing him the hot fresh batch i just pulled out.

"Thanks dear" i reply i set the next batch in the oven and lock it up tight we continue this process for an hour or two till we have a good amount of pies that are piling up in the kitchen i flip the sign opean around four for the dinner rush.

" there you go sir" i say placing a tray of pies on a table surrounded by four men. But these aren't any pies these are the spatial pies i made just four the prison guards and by their uniform and the weapons i can see on there side i can tell that is exactly who they are.

"Thank you mam tell me are you running this place alone" a tall guard with a dark brown beard asks is probably in his early forties with thin brown hard and uneven eyes.

"Not alone i have my boy to help me" i say nodding to toby who is taking orders from a table across the room.

"No but i mean a man or husband" he asks staring at me at not as if this hasn't happened before i'm used to it with all the mail customers but the way hes looking at my makes me squirm.

"A pretty little thing like you must must be married" he states and i stay silent wondering how to answer that.

"Mum i need your help" toby calls from the kitchen and i let out a little sigh of relief.

"Excuse me" i say walking away quickly i can feel his eyes staring at me as i walk to toby. I go to toby and help him grab more pies that he couldn't reach from the top shelf of the rack i look and see sweeney standing outside his door and i smile at him he looks over the crowd and see the table of guards and looks back at me wide eyes. I nod and mouth the words it's ok. And sweeney slowly walks down towards me.