ch17

Ch17 Mrs Lovett's POV

" i'm no stranger to cruel men Mr Todd you of all people should know that" i state before walking off to tand to the costmers. Im tired of him trying to shelter me. All of a sudon he wants to start caring about me when he never did before. Before he woudnt give me more than a sidways glance, and then he hurts me and now he wants to protect me.

"Here you go love" i say to the officer from earler that day who i found out his name is jack crane. Why sweeny want to try and protect me from a proper english gentaman i have no idea imno stranger to all typs of creulity including his own.

" thank you mam" he replys kindly taking a bite out of the pie i almost fell bad for feeding him human meat but oh well times is hard. My eyes travle to his stunning green eyes he catches me looking at him and i look away blushing slightly.

You can call me nellie if you like" i reply looking back at him with a sheep ish smile.

"Your an exce;ent cook nellie" he says finishing off a pie and he takes a sip of aile. He dosnt seem to care much for liqour which i dont mind no matter how much i love the blidness it gives you theres no talling what a man will do when intexocated.

"Thank you jack" i reply i then hurry off tending to the other costmers every once in a while i see him looking at me. Not in the grose dequsting way most men look at women but just looking at me. As a person. I take anuther drink of water, i make my self sit down every twenty minuts or so for the babys sake. I still dont know if the child will turn out alright i get pains every now and then but i havnt felt the baby kik yet which scares me.

"Toby swich the signe please" i call and toby nods we have maybe fifteen pies left so i decide to close up leting the people who are still here finish there food. I also want to get a good nights sleep because i have the doctor coming tomorrow. Him and sweeny both incist on a check up to make shure everything is in order.

"Thank you for the lovly food nellie" jack says as i wipe down a table of a small family who just left i turn around and face him. I can't help but notice how close we are.

"Your quite welcome, and let me know if you have any more questions about those men who went missing, i do hope you find them" i reply this whole night he hasnt said a word about the missing gards which i can't decide if its a good or a bad thing.

"I will. I might have one or two questions for your husbond as well" he says lingering on the word husbond longer than nessary as if asking the relation between me and sweene.

"Im not married, i wos but he died" i reply in an almost whisper he take=s a step closer causing my hart beet to race.

"Oh i though Mr Todd was your... considering your with child" he says i had hopen no one would notice but im almost six months alons do i supose i can't hide it. I look down in shame. He must think im some kind of hore, im shure hes hurd the storys people in london just love to gossip.

"No ummm.. Its complacted i um" i stamer trying to find the words to explane but i can't very well say that he was the love of my life and i despose of the people he murdors and we slept to gether but then he almost killed me so i left him but he want me back.

"Thats alright nothing to be ashamed of any man would be lucky to call himself your husbond or the father of your child. He says and i see no jugmant in his emerald eyes. He takes my hand like he did earler today and kisses it softly before leaving. I finish cleaning and look to see toby asleep in one of the booths.

"Come on son off to bed" i say he stirs before looking at me he then kives me a kiss good night before walking to his room. I flop down on my bed so bone tired i can't even bring myself to change out of my work dress before i fall asleep.