Suck It Up

LOOK, I ain't perfect and I will make mistakes. I'm only human.. But bare with me while I mess up a couple times. When I finish this book, I'll go thru and edit all the mistakes out and fix them. So for the Grammar Police out there, don't correct my ish because I know what I mean and what I'm chattin' about. I have personal experience and a history that y'all don't know about but I get it out thru writing so don't disrespect me with that "You're wrong, I'm right!" B.S. bc it pisses me tf off. Anyways, read the AN at the end and follow me on Twitter @xocmxo please ! I'll post when I update and everything else. if you don't have twitter, follow my best friend on Instagram @Wapow__ , I'll have her post updates and whatnot. Anyways, thankss and enjoy :')

---------------------------------------

Khalil POV

She hasn't talked to me all day for some strange reason. Yup. In case you're wondering what I mean, Keke hasn't been talking to me since school started and I'm trying to figure out what the heck I did to her.

Maybe it's because I cursed Issa out - yet again - when I caught him staring at her in English. She doesn't know why I cursed him out but was pissed that I used such vulgar language around a lady and her peers.

Although, I did catch that weirdo kid who she's been talking to lately, Sanchez, smiling creepily in the corner of the classroom when Keke went off on me. Not to mention his eyes carelessly trailed over her body as she swayed out the class. And if you're thinking about it, hell yeah I was jealous!

She can talk to every other guy around except the one who she knew for a fact had caught feelings for her. I mean, that night when we kissed... I know I felt something and I know also that if I felt something, she must've felt something too.

I had a feeling that Sanchez kid liked her something. I've seen them talk before out of the blue and she's blushed a couple times in their multiple conversations. I wanted her to be happy but I wanted to be the reason she's happy.

And it sucked to know that I'll never be the reason she's happy if I never get a chance to prove myself, and I'll never get a chance to prove myself until I open up and tell her what's wrong with me, but if I do that, I'm risking keeping my brother and sister and me together with a CPS investigation and authorities questioning my mother's parental skills even though she's mostly working.

All I need was one chance and even her "friends" are against that because they "know how I am" and "know what 'games' in up to".

I soon decided to suck it up and call her phone to talk. I looked around my room and spot my phone on the dresser charging. I sighed at the distance between us but got up to get it nonetheless. As I approached the phone, I noticed it was only on 5% and was still charging slowly. Ever notice that when you really need your phone, it's usually dead or dying, but when you don't need it, it's perfectly fine? Yup, that's my exact situation.

I sighed and went to the living room where my mom was. Today was her day off and she wanted to spend it with Gavin and Gina and I, but I was lost all day long with the thought of Keke running through my mind.

"Hey Mom." She smiled and kissed my cheek before turning back to the TV where Despicable Me was playing.

"Khalil, you sure you don't want to watch TV with us? It's my only day off for a while." I sighed.

"For how long?"

She shrugged. "I dunno. But two jobs do clash with family time, you know. Who knows when my next free day will be."

I nodded. "I'll be here in a minute. Just need to make this phone call." I grabbed the house phone and made my way to my bedroom while dialing Keyandra's phone number on the dialpad. It's probably weird that I memorized her number, but I don't care what anyone thinks.