It.

Khalil POV

"Get back down here, Khalil!" It called. Yeah, I call my uncle It. Why? Because he doesn't deserve my respect. Acknowledging him by his name is showing too much respect for him. Respect he doesn't deserve.

I reluctantly walked back down the steps to be face to face with his drunk and idiotic ass. His breath wreaked with the same familiar scent of beer and vodka. I could tell by his body language how much he's had to drink. It seemed to be about five to ten bottles of liquor. It's sad to think of it. You know, becoming so immune to the life of an alcoholic that you can tell just by looking at them how much they've had to drink.

"What is it?" I asked, annoyed.

"Watch your tone, Boy. I'm not raising you to be disrespectful to people." he shouted.

"You're not raising me at all!" I corrected. "Man, whatever. I ain't got time for your drunken ass."

-

As I turned to walk upstairs, a big paw swung across the air and made direct contact with my cheek. I stumbled backwards at first until I regained my balance. I stared blankly at It. and my jaw dropped. He's never hit me before. We usually fought but never had it ever gotten physical. Usually we yelled back and forth.

It. grinned and swung at me again. As his fist made contact with my face again, I fell back and landed on my ass.

I gasped at the speed of everything. It was all happening in slow motion.

Left. Right. Left. Right. Left. Right. All I could see was fist after fist after fist. I couldn't fight back with his body weight on top of me. I simply closed my eyes and prayed for the best.

-

Now I knew better. Before his fist made contact with me, I caught it in my equally sized hand and squeezed pressure on him, making sure he felt the same pain I felt the first time he laid hands on me, the first time he slapped Gavin, and especially the first time he touched Gina.

It brought joy to me to hear his heavy shouting in pain and to see his other hand clawing on mine to release him from my grip.

"Let go!" he yelled, but I ignored and applied more pressure.

"Khalil! You're hurting him!" Gina yelled from on top of the stairs.

"Gina, go to your room!" I shouted back.

She disobeyed and ran downstairs. She was clawing at my hands while I cautiously eye It.'s free hand. At any precise moment, he could have sneakily grabbed her. I used my free hand to shield her small body from him. Gina still tried releasing my grasp on him, her being the pacifist she's always been.

"Gina, go to your room!" I yelled louder.

It all happened so fast. He swung angrily at me and It. snatched my sister up. My grasp on his hand was released as I stumbled back and held my soon to be swollen jaw. Gina's arms were tangled in his big hands and I gasped. She yelled at the top of her lungs as he squeezed her wrists adding a surplus amount of pressure, most coming from anger, the rest from greed.

My eyes widened and I scowled. I leaped in no time and tackled him to the floor. His grasp on Gina was released and she scurried away in painful tears. Gina rolled over and balled herself into the farthest corner. I was on top of It., sending punches to his face and jaw from left and right.

I finally decided he's had enough when It. was lying unconsciously on the floor. I huffed from exhaustion and made my way towards Gina. I cautiously lifted her up and carried her upstairs to my bedroom. Placing her on my bed, I headed to my closet and packed a couple pairs of jeans and shirts. With all the clothes I'd need in my basketball duffle bag, I grabbed Gina's tiny hand and headed to her room.

"Get some of your favourite clothes, G." I quickly suggested, although it wasn't really a suggestion since I was going to make her do it either way. "Hurry up."

She did as told quickly and handed them to me, sloppily folded. I knew I would have to fix them later.

I grabbed her hand and headed to Gavin's bedroom where we found him hiding under the bed as always instructed. I always told him and Gina since the first time I'd fought It. that when they heard yelling downstairs and me and It. arguing that they needed to hide under their beds or in my mother's room in her closet. I never said to hide in their closet because I knew that if I'd ever lose a fight with him, It.'d look in their closets first. He'd be too drunk to look under their beds or to look that low.

"Gavin, get some clothes. We gotta go!" I  told him quickly. He looked at me emotionless for a while before jumping to his feet and packing.

"Done." he said. I nodded and grabbed their hands and the duffle bag full of clothes. I quietly led them down stairs towards the front door.

I crouched down to their levels and put my finger to my lips signaling to keep quiet.

"Shh. Stay here," I whispered, "I have to go to my room and grab money and leave a note for Mom." They nodded and covered their mouths.

I headed upstairs for a pen and paper and scribbled down a note with Keke's number in case of emergency since It. broke my phone.

I grabbed money and a jacket for me along with a blanket in case my siblings get cold. I grabbed jackets for them since it was a little chilly outside and headed downstairs.

It. lied unconscious on the floor but still groaned in pain, indicating that he was coming back to consciousness. I hurried to my siblings and tossed them their jackets. I quickly put the blanket in the duffle bag and zipped it up. Throwing the bag over my shoulder, I snatched their hands and took Gavin and Gina out the house.

With no way of texting or calling Keke or Avery, I sighed and took my siblings to the next place where It. had no idea of ever going.

××

Sorry this chapter is short. I have major writers block and Softball recently started. I'm in danger of failing 2 classes and maybe 3 and I'm struggling. Had a lot on my mind and been thinking about Cindy a lot. Thank you guys for the prayers and support and for being so patient. So... just comment and vote and I'll update asap. thankss. bye

~•RIP CINDY 02.08.98-01.27.14•~
~•#PRAY4LIZ•~
~•Miqualia•~