Lies

[A/N: This is about to be a short chapter - apologies - but please be sure to read the AN at the end because I have some shit to get off my chest. But beware ! When I vent and get shit off my chest, I have the biggest potty mouth EVER !! So... stay tuned.]

Keke POV

After what felt like hours of Khalil's heartbreaking sobs, we both calmed down and eventually fell asleep. I woke up first though. He lied there in my Queen Sized bed, his breathing evened out and his face looking as innocent as possible, although we both know that's a total lie.

Part of me wanted to be pissed off that he didn't feel the need to trust me and that he still put his hands on me, but another part wanted to feel pity for him. I hated that. I was in a tight spot. If I was mad at him, it'd cause more stress on him than he already has. But if I were to feel pity for him, it'd make him feel like that's the only reason why I stayed this long up to this point and it would hurt both of us since that wasn't the case at all.

I sighed and looked at the innocent held in Khalil's bruised and battered face. I could tell that he was putting up a front for the world. I don't see why. If he asked for help, he'd surely get it. I mean, I honestly thought Khalil had the perfect life. Every girl wanted him and his best friend, he had the ability to get any and every girl even being in a relationship with me or with them being in a relationship with someone else.

I got bored after a while and realized that I was pretty hungry. I eased my way out of the bed and tried best not to wake Khalil up. But unfortunately, my clumsiness forbid me from keeping the kid sleeping.

Khalil groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He yawned and looked my way.

"Babe? Where are you going?" he asked. Even when he talks, I could see the innocence behind his voice. It's probably weird because in most cases, the roles are switched. But it's different between me and Khalil.

"To get food... You want?" I asked.

He sighed and shook his head. "I'm not hungry." he said. I could tell he was lying because right after he said that, his stomach growled as it did when he was still asleep.

"I didn't think you could be that bad of a liar." I teased. Khalil threw on a fake smile and looked at me. His eyes were red and glossy and I knew that more tears were coming.

I hated seeing him like this. So broken and vulnerable. So uneasy and in pain. I honestly thought I would break down first, but due to the conditions of the situation, it's no wonder why Khalil beat me to it.

"I'm not hungry." he turned his head away from me and sighed.

I choked back tears and sighed. Then a question popped in my head and I felt the need to ask.

"Khalil, where's your sister and brother?"

He looked at the clock and curses.

"Shit! They're at the daycare." he said.

He threw on his shoes and ran the my bathroom and grabbed a clean washrag to clean his face. Once finished, he threw the now reddened washrag in the laundry bin and kissed my lips before dashing out the house. I looked at the clock and see the 4 turn into a 5.

5:45 pm.

I sighed and picked up my cell phone. I flipped through my contacts until I found the one contact I was looking for, laughing at the name he changed Avery to.

BugattiBEEZ

...

Khalil POV