Stop it !

Keke POV

"Hello?" I groggily answered my ringing cellphone with a yawn.

"Keke? Babe?" The voice sounded familiar but it was windy in the background.

"Khalil?" I yawned. I slowly sat up in my chair and rubbed the drowsiness out of my eyes.

"Yeah. I need a favour."

"Why is your number blocked?" I asked.

"I'm using a payphone. Look, just leave your doors unlocked. I'm going to be there in fifteen minutes. Maybe a half hour." he explained.

I nodded my head forgetting that he couldn't see me and just mumbled a quick "Okay." before hanging up and throwing my feet over bed.

I slowly made my way downstairs towards the kitchen. I filled the tea kettle with water so me and Khalil could drink when he arrived.

The thought of him clouded my mind. The last time he stayed the night, his lip was busted and his cheek was slightly bruised. It was obvious that he'd been fighting but his clothes weren't wrinkled or torn. He must've had enough time to shower and change his clothes.

"Somethings wrong..." I mumbled to myself.

The tea kettle whistled and I jumped from my seat to handle it. I grabbed two mugs from the top cabinet and poured an equal amount of water in both and dropped a tea bag in the two. I easily took the mugs towards the kitchen island and took a seat. I stirred the cups with sugar and set them on the coasters before going to unlock the front door. It was raining outside by now and you could hear the faint sounds of thunder in the distance. I thought nothing of it but still kept my guard up for anything. I've seen too many movies like that and I wasn't looking forward to being the girl who got decapitated by a serial killer with a chainsaw and hook for a hand.

A few minutes later, when the tea was just beginning to get cold, Khalil walked into my aunt's house holding his sleeping siblings. They were all soaking wet and the sight of his bruised cheek made me jump. I grabbed Gavin from him and took him to the guest room where he and Gina slept previously. Khalil followed suit behind with Gina in his arms. We took their coats off and shoes and wrapped their small bodies in a big blanket to keep them warm.

"Khalil, what happened?" I finally found the nerve to ask in the silence.

He shook his head and sighed. "Nothing."

I inhaled deeply and sighed a breath of air. His stubbornness was one of the many things I hated about him. From experience, it was easy to tell that Khalil was the type of kid who won't accept help from anybody but will always help somebody. I hated that about him. It was as if he had too big of an ego and too big of a pride to ever let anyone help him.

"Khalil..."

He cut me off with a raise in his voice.

"Keyandra!" His tone of voice made me flinch and close my mouth.

"Babe, I want to--"

"Help? You can't help if there's nothing wrong. Just drop it." He calmly said.

I sighed again and stomped out the room. It was obvious he didn't want me to help but that means nothing about someone else helping. I mean, why help someone who doesn't want to be helped? What's the point in that if they won't accept it regardless?

"What now?" He sighed in obvious annoyance.

Being the person I am, I took this as a chance to get the truth out of him as best as I could. I wanted to help him out the best I can, especially since it's obvious to me that his younger brother and sister are somehow involved. I couldn't let them suffer like this, especially if he's not going to be a good brother and do something to help them.

"You! You're so freaking stubborn and never know what help is when you are receiving it. Why aren't you letting me help? Is it because--" He cut me off with a rather hard shove and I fell back onto the floor. The thud could be heard from my Aunt's room but luckily, she was a heavy sleeper. Kyle, however, was not.

"When will you learn to shut up? You know that I love you, but you just piss me the fuck off sometimes. Damn, you're so annoying!" he groaned and glared at me.

Once his eyes came in contact with my heavy tears, his facial expression softened. He tried to make his way towards me to apologize and hold me like always, but unfortunately for him, it was too late for that. Kyle already lunged towards him from seeing the scene before him and held Khalil to the floor. He threw punches to his face and held his neck in his paws.

"Kyle, stop! It's fine!" I pleaded between tears.

My small hands clawed at his big hands, prying them from Khalil's neck. Khalil gasped for air and kicked his feet. One foot accidentally hit me and I hissed in pain. Kyle finally released Khalil and glared angrily at him.

"I swear to God I'll kill you when I see you on the streets. Don't you ever touch Keyandra again!" Kyle hissed. Khalil glared at him and huffed. "Get out of my house." Khalil sighed and bumped passed Kyle and went towards the stairs to get his younger siblings. "No," Kyle said, authority in his voice. Khalil turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"They can stay. You leave. Come back later but don't touch Keke and definitely don't look at her. Don't even talk to her or I'll kill you."

Khalil sighed but hesitantly agreed nonetheless.

"They better be safe here or I'll kill you." Khalil stated before walking out of the house.

Kyle turned to me and hugged me. I cried into his chest and fisted his shirt. He led me upstairs to my room and he sighed.

"I won't tell if you don't." He suggests. I nodded and quivered.

"I'm going to bed. Good night. Thanks."

Kyle simply nodded and left the room. I turned my lamp off and silently cried myself to sleep.

×××

What you think ?? Drama enough ? Don't worry. They won't be one of those abusive relationships. Just out of anger ... for now. Leave comments in the boxes and vote. Share please !! y Adíos !

~•RIP CINDY 02.08.98-01.27.14•~
~•#PRAY4LIZ•~
~•Miqualia•~