Secrets Revealed (Part 2)

Khalil POV

"What the fuck happened between you and Khalil?" my mom's voice boomed throughout the house.

I already knew what was happening downstairs. It. was piss drunk as always and Mom was furious. Her "Mama Bear" side was scary as shit and we all knew to stay away from her when she was mad like that. Gina and Gavin, being the young kids they are, were even aware of the scary things my mom was capable of when pissed.

"He needed to be taught a lesson." It. spoke. I simply roll my eyes at his idiocy. Vague answers like that when my mom was speaking to you while mad would never get you anywhere. It only made her madder.

You could hear the slap from upstairs as well as the loud thud heard when It. fell to the ground. I knew he was the one who got hit because even when he was piss drunk, he wasn't dumb enough to lay hands on my mother. Yeah, I couldn't fight at the moment, but my mom's hands were something fierce.

"You damn bitch." It. yelled..

Even in my current condition, that was my cue to get up. Wanna know why? You should know. That's my mom. No one disrespects my mom. And no one lays a hand on her.

"Stay here." I ordered to Gina and Gavin. They both nodded and stayed huddled together in my bed.

I limped downstairs and found my mom standing over my uncle with clenched fists.

"I swear I ought to kill your pathetic ass right now!" My mom yelled. "You're lucky my kids are upstairs or I would've been killed your ass."

Bravo, Mom!

"Don't you ever touch my kids again. I swear to God, if I find out you did--"

"Shut the fuck up. It's not the first time I touched them brats." It. subconsciously slurred.

"What?" Mom yelled.

Big mistake on Uncle Travis's part.

My mom lunged towards Uncle Travis and went straight for the head. Of course, he dodged it - always being able to keep balance even when drunk. He swung his arm and his strong backhand came in contact with my mom's cheek.

She tumbled over and held her cheek. I ran towards him and started punching. I'd blacked out after that.

×××

Next thing I know, we were both on the floor and my mom was hovering over me with an ice pack. She was crying out loud and inaudible words and I can't hear anything. Everything was blurry and moving around. I felt warm blood oozing down my face but where it's at, I don't know.

I groaned and tried to move but unluckily failed. My mom kept me down and shook her head. Her lips moved to form words but I can't hear anything from her. I was trying to comprehend but failed miserably.

She used a warm white rag to dab my face. Like magic, it came out red and covered in my blood.

My body ached and I felt restricted. I couldn't move at all and a sharp pain was felt throughout my left side. I groaned again in pain and tried moving. Again, I was denied the right.

Mom dabbed my head again and this time, the rag came out even more red if it was even possible. My mind began to wonder where Uncle Travis was. Where did he go? Why wasn't he over me like normally when I passed out. Where did he go?

As my mind wandered, audio slowly came together. I was able to hear my mom but she sounded far away.

"Khalil. Khalil. Stay awake. Don't close your eyes. Ambulance is coming." She said.