Chapter IV

Note: Not edited. As always.. Long af too!

  Enjoy <3

***

Lana's POV

  My heart throbbed against my chest so fast, it nearly felt numb. I had no clue what had gotten into me, but once that odd silence hit, I just stared blankly at the vampire I met just hours earlier. Was he following me?

  A sharp breath escaped my throat as I was suddenly aware of the cold air again, caressing my skin slowly, but surely, and causing those chills to run down my back.

"You." My voice came out slightly raspy, yet clear enough to keep his attention. I wasn't exactly aware of my own words.. It felt as one of those moments where the alcohol effects you quicker than you thought, and then words come out; senses numb.

  "Yes, me." His voice once again snapped me out of my thoughts, and the more I got used to the silence, the more I calmed down.. I listened to his heartbeat, but it wasn't the same. And held my thoughts back, but the things that were slowly coming to my mind seemed awfully unbelievable. Was there someone in the house? "What are you doing in the middle of nowhere at this hour?"

  Ignoring his question, I turned around again, looking up the house. I heard nothing.. No whispers, no voices, no heartbeat.

"Is this yours?" My words tumbled out quickly, nearly as a mumble. "I mean, is this your house?" Turning back around, I watched as he took a few steps towards me, but I didn't back away one inch. He wasn't what scared me. At that point, I was just creeped out from the situation I had just found myself in.

  And then I heard that cold voice again. "Yes."

  "Who's in there?" I once again asked without thinking; my mind slowly processing my own words.

  However, all I saw was a quick tension in his eyes; a quick surprise from my question.

  "No one." He glanced at the old house once again, before looking back at me. "You should get away from here."

  As my mind cleared, I was more and more aware of my surroundings, and realized that maybe, it was just in my head. I was tired, and I could be making things up. However, I kept myself alerted. So, I decided to change the subject. He wasn't spilling anything anyway, and I was not as sure in myself to throw facts at him.

  Taking a few steps towards him, I still kept a good distance before I stopped. "Before, in my house... What were you doing there?"

  Silence fell over for a few seconds.. He seemed to be staring so deeply in my eyes, as if he was reading my soul.. I stared back with almost the same intensity. And then he spoke..

  "You should really get away from here."

  That same cold tone of his was supposed to make me take a step back, but the fact that he avoided my question only made that anger to jump immediately in my blood. However, I just ignored his words too.

  "You know, you're lucky no one caught you earlier. You really took a risk for whatever you were looking for.." My voice trailed off as I tried reading what was hiding behind that cold expression of his, but also why he scanned me for so long.

  "Well, you have me now." He answered calmly, with such an emotionless tone, it bothered me. But I knew that I had no time for that. I had no time to once again deal with this vampire that was only trying to provoke me. I lost my patience. I felt myself clenching my teeth, but refused to do anything about this. I didn't care that much.