Chapter XX

Not edited.

***

Lana's POV

  It was definitely everything but easy.. Someone wanted that Adam guy alive. Someone risked lives for that necklace, and none of us knew who the attackers were. There was of course a plan. We weren't going to sit around and wait for someone to bring that man to life. Well, I was not involved in anything other than.. The necklace. It seemed like all the sources led back to my family. To my father. So, if Luke gave the necklace to my father, why would it be buried in the middle of the woods? I couldn't understand what was going on in the moment, especially after those visions..

  I asked Amelia if she saw them and she confirmed. But both of us came to the conclusion that it could easily be just a sick game that someone was playing.. It was no damn coincidence that the attackers came the same second the spell was being preformed. Christian on the other hand seemed very very certain that we couldn't ever be sure unless we had real evidence. I'm not even sure if he believed what Amelia and I said we saw, but it seemed like he was just trying to calm me when he told me that nothing was sure. And he was right.. In the world we lived in, nothing was sure..

  We somewhat managed to clean the mess that was made, but no one seemed to be able to sleep. No one was able to get over what happened because everything was left unanswered. Even more damn confusing than it already was.. And I.. I had no clue what I was supposed to do at that point. I had no clue how to help Christian with this.. Because I knew how much it meant to him, and with him keeping his side of the deal, I owed him more than just theories. It was no joke. It was no game.. It all lead back to my father. There was no other explanation.

  I sat on the leather armchair and stared in front of myself. Amelia and Dimitri were upstairs, probably already asleep.. Calliope was somewhere in the kitchen.. And Christian was on the armchair across from me. There was still broken glass everywhere, but all of us seemed way to exhausted to do something about it.. And in that moment, I was glad that we didn't..

  My eyes roamed over the room.. Over the glass table in front of me that somehow managed to survive that attack.. The glass from the windows was in millions of pieces over the table, blood on the carpets, and so many mixed of scents all over the room. I couldn't concentrate on one..

However, it was hard not to focus on the little sparkly thing right underneath a few pieces of glass on the table. Frowning, I leaned forward and reached my hand towards it. With just slightly pushing the glass off of it, I was able to take a good look at it. It was definitely not the necklace that they did the spell on. That one was diamond. And this one.. It wasn't even a full necklace.. Just a pendant.

"What is that?" I heard Christian's voice but I already got the thing in my hand. I wasn't able to concentrate on anything else but the fact that this was definitely not there before. I sat on the exact chair before they did the spell.. This was definitely not there.

It was a simple silver pendant shaped as a half moon, somewhat crystallized and too silver to be see-through. The dip of the half moon was pointy, seeming like it represented teeth.. And finally, when I brought it closer to my face I was able to see the blurriness inside the crystal.. I frowned slightly, turning it through my fingers. It was definitely a moonstone. In the middle however.. There was one specific letter. V.

The realization seemed to flash in my mind and disappear in the same second from that disbelief. No, if can't be. "Lana," Christian insisted a bit loudly so I would look at him, but I was too focused on.. God, it wasn't possible.. Why would they?