Chapter XXXIII

Not edited. Long af.

***

Lana's POV

Waking up beside Christian seemed almost impossible for me to even imagine if I thought about it a few months ago or so.. My past self wouldn't have believed if my present self announced this.. But it turned out to be the most soothing thing, waking up next to him was now the favorite part of my day..

For the past few days, we had the house to ourselves. After the night of the ball, after hearing the story the three witches had to say, Amelia and Dimitri left the very next morning with the simple motive for Amelia to face her mother and hear a confirmation. Or a denial.

We were all relying on that. Perhaps I didn't take it as seriously because it wasn't confirmed yet, from her mom nor my father.. No, I was not planning on asking him. I was not planning on going back any time soon. I no longer cared for anything else other than my brothers.

I called Marco or Jack every day, just to check, and of course it was a secret since my parents and the whole family thought I was kidnapped.. They were on the look for me, and the odd thing was, Alexander knew where I was. I was positive that he knew. One of his people was included in the attack a couple of nights back.. His pack took the necklace, which meant only one thing. It was his deed. He had it. For whatever reason. We just didn't want to deal with that yet.

But yes, Alexander knew where I was. Who I was with. He knew it was no coincidence. He knew Christian didn't kidnap me. I was in the house when the attack happened, and that was before my decision to go home. Before Christian showed up again and snapped his neck.. Before he 'kidnapped' me.

Calliope and Luke on the other hand, they left the house the previous day.. It was not exactly a mission like Luke liked referring to it as, but it was definitely a visit.. They were visiting Calliope's coven. She was a witch. I should've guessed she had a coven.

She said her family wasn't the traditional kind so she was never pushed to follow those traditions.. Those rules. That's why she wasn't very bound to the coven, but functioned better individually.. And in the first plan, it was Christian and I that wanted to go. Christian had this little rule of wanting to hear things directly said to him. If the witches approved that there was a way of killing Adam by doing that simple spell, without needing the necklace, Christian insisted on being the first one to hear it. He rarely had trust in people. I was glad I was one of them.

But being dangerous as it is, the vampire royalty that he was, and the only daughter of Khan Morpher, we had little assumptions that it wouldn't exactly end so well.. Not well at all. We would be attacked and close to helpless against a whole clan of witches.

So Calliope went. Even though she didn't want to have to face them again, she did. And Luke was her safe side kick.

Christian and I were alone in the house. For the whole day yesterday. It was becoming a routine to make breakfast together. He would usually cook his famous specialty eggs, and I would set up the table. And the other little things that couldn't be messed up.

The previous day, it was nice putting only two plates down. For just him and me.. It just felt nice knowing that we had that closeness. After breakfast we would go on a run through the woods, and race the whole time.. Then laugh until we lose our strength, stop and rest for a few minutes.

The day spent in an empty house with him was close to perfection in fact.. I'm surprised we managed to keep our hands off each other though, except for the cuddling which I don't count because him and I knew how to go from one extreme to another.. Still, nothing happened that night too.