Chapter XXII

Jon Kortajarena as Christian up on the gif ;) In love.

Not edited.

***

Lana's POV

  Was it not enough? Was it not enough suffering our family had been through? We were already defeated once from the vampires, and now my father was going to let that happen again.. Just this time, by our own kind. I stared at them, and I felt like I was the one that was defeated. What was he doing in my father's office? The damage he had done in my family was enough.. Was it him that brainwashed them all?

  I crossed my arms over my chest, not even realizing that I basically had a shadow from Marco's tall figure. A slight smirk grew on my father's face, probably because they already heard me downstairs. My mother already made chaos. Now I had to deal with this too? My eyes roamed from him to Alexander for a few seconds.. Unbelievable.

  "Oh, I'm sorry, am I interrupting a family meeting?" My dad seemed so calmed about my appearance, almost like the fact that I was away didn't bother him one bit.

  Still leaning back on his chair, he looked towards Marco then back at me.. A slight smile stretched on his face. I could tell he was satisfied with my outrageous reaction to finding him making deals with Vesnetsov again. "Lana," He greeted politely while Alexander's eyes scanned me without saying a word. His arms were still crossed against his chest and his whole posture was damn intimidating the least.. But I wanted to see the big Alpha try me, and then we could talk. I would beat his ass,- "I see you decided to show up." Once again, my father's voice took my attention.

  I looked back at him, feeling how my cheeks were burning from underneath, rage building inside me in the quickest way possible. "And I see that you found me a replacement already." I barked back, keeping an eye on Alexander. How could he have no shame and still look me straightly in the eyes?

  "Well, he is soon to be my son.." My father rose from his chair.. His words - a dagger to my mind. I frowned just so I could hide the hurt that was pushing against my chest. He leaned his hands down against his desk and looked at me, still not seeing one slight bit of what his words might've caused. "Besides, I promised a number. I'm a loyal leader. I got to keep it." And that was another imsult. He never considered me a leader, yet he talked like I was the one that wasn't loyal to them.

  I was left mute for a few seconds. He sure knew how to get to me.. "I came here to talk." I said as calm as possible, trying to keep a straight face. Looking towards Alexander, I gave him a look that should've made him run miles away from my family.. As quickly as possible. But he once again just scanned me and said nothing. "Family only." I made sure to look him in the eye when I said that, however, my father almost interrupted me and only caused that rage inside me to boil hotter than it already did.

  "Alexander is family, Lana. And I thought you would come to some sense and accept it. It's been almost a month.. Don't you think it's enough games?" Games? He thought this was a game? Did I look like I was having fun?

  My lips parted to say something, but a deep voice interrupted, familiar in a way, intimidating in another.. Yet somewhat fakely soft and pleasant. "I think it's enough of this.." I looked at Alexander.. If I ever told my father that a conversation was 'enough', he would've scolded me for hours because I dared to disrespect him with my words. Alexander however, didn't seem to get any consequences from his words.. He even sounded way too confident, bothering me in the worst way possible. "Lana, you're angry, I see that.. But I believe we started off on the wrong foot."

  I kept my eyes on him.. No, we didn't start on the wrong foot.. We were still in that place. "I didn't spent a month away from my people because I was considering it.. I'm not coming around with this." My voice held this rasp of emotion I tried hiding.. I was already showing anger and I didn't like that. The man didn't deserve seeing me vulnerable, even though he was already compelling my family into trusting him. "And I'm not here to talk about that."