Chapter XXIX

Lana's POV

The music was too sensational for someone with as little sleep as me to be able to get through.. Diving into the champagne however, had a pretty good waking effect.

People smiled and greeted, everyone there to celebrate the two year anniversary since the new king came on the throne.. Well, it was at least what people thought the occasion was.. Our real purpose was way deeper and if you ask me, still pretty fancy since we decided to throw a ball to kidnap the witch.. Dramatic a bit too..

Perhaps it was the 'non-violent' thing to do, instead of simply grabbing her from some street and knocking her out.. I was no savage too, I liked the lady acts and everything, but just sometimes it was necessary to be a bit rough if you want people to take you seriously..

Speaking of people.. Christian.. Christian was yes of course a bit nervous, but how in the world did that result with him suddenly becoming 'anti-violence' messenger? I believe it was the right way to treat the witch, with gently pouring the injection in her drink, but hey, what happened to the neck snapping and heart-ripping Christian that I knew?

The suit looked mouthwatering on him though, and plus, having Christian as your own personal gentleman for the night was not something to complain for either.. It was something about his appearance that night, the way he approached and held his posture.. It was a pretty astonishing difference.

He always did have that intimidating arrogant self esteem blooming wherever he went, but adding a suit on him was just this little extra thing to think about, sort of a distraction in a way too..

There wasn't a woman in the hall that didn't turn her head towards him at least once, and I honestly knew ways to shut those whispers and stares within a second, but I was starting to like the idea of actually being the one one that could have him at the end of the day..

  I didn't miss much from the side, observing the room the best way I could.. We all did, just in case.. The witch arrived and according to me, it was supposed to immediately be show time.. But apparently we had to wait at least a few minutes that actually turned into almost a whole hour, but Christian said to let her adjust first and to let her guards down completely..

  The plan did sound pretty cruel.. But we weren't exactly the villains around.. We were only trying to get the truth out of her, and our ways of handling things didn't really have limits.. Well, maybe it was just me that didn't have limits, but what had to be done had to be done. The quicker, the better..

  I glanced at Christian that was standing on the other side of the room, watching how he nodded his head at the woman talking to him..  A pretty young attractive blonde, taller a few inches from me yet it still seemed like Christian's large built was towering over her.. Perhaps that's why a suit looked so good on him. He had broad shoulders and muscly arms that filled the tux, and the white shirt was the best part, mostly 'cause I got to take it off later.

  But at that point, I just hoped the blondie knew how to keep her distance, because I already had very little patience, and it would take a miracle for me not to explode and take out my problems on someone else.. Without a reason possibly too..

  The girl looked familiar though, but from the way she talked, it seemed like she was a pretty hyperactive person, or at least just desperately trying to take all of his attention.. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to effect Christian much.. In fact, he looked at me the same time I realized I was starting to stare, and I would've looked away, but it was no unfamiliar feeling to me when the simple look from him seemed to grip me, causing me to keep my gaze locked with his for several seconds.

  Again, he did nod his head at whatever she was saying, but the way he looking at me while doing it was a different story.. It easily made me melt and I forgot where I was in an instant.