Chapter IX

Not edited.

Lana's POV

  It was something else. Something different.. Something new. Something I hadn't done before. Ever. Being away from my family, it was heartbreaking from one part, but right.. I knew it was. It was them that were after me, and this was the only way to solve that problem names.. The Vesnetsovs. I still had no idea how my father was convinced into all of this, but whatever had him so hooked and certain, it must've been a strong reason.

  Now, I was away, making deals with vampires, and witches or whatever, just so I can save my family from whatever was going on. A whole pack. From some kind of a promise my father made to that man. A part of me felt like I was doing the right thing.. Running away.. I was stopping a mistake that could ruin so many lives. That's at least how I felt about my pack. I wanted protection for all of those that I cared about. And with my father giving all that power up, and letting some else have it.. Rule it.. It wasn't right.

  But at the same time, I thought that maybe I should've talked to him. Maybe I should've tried finding out the reason why he was doing this. Even if I knew that he would've tried convincing me otherwise.. He would know my next move and try stopping me from leaving.. That's what would've happened if I tried talking to him. But there it was. I did it. Not only for myself, but even if it was a mistake, I thought I was doing the right thing. There was no going back now..

  That girl.. Amelia. She mentioned something about a chaos coming back. Repeating.. What was it? I was curious, even though I knew it could get me in a lot of trouble, danger, or whatever.. It was part me. I always wanted to know, and I didn't let it go until I did. Now.. Well, now it was different. I wanted to know, but she gave me a fair warning. Christian did too. I should stay out of it. That's what I was told, and I kept repeating it to myself.

  But now, I was sitting in the car with the same vampire that I made a deal with. A royal. No one else but Christian Le Borusier. He was the one that was helping me out. Till now at least. So.. So, I was supposed to be the one telling him what Amelia asked from me. However, there weren't only two sides of that story. There was mine too. And I wanted to know how all of this was going to play out first. I wanted to know why was everyone trying to keep me 'out of it'. What was it that was so horrifying and dangerous to even talk about?

  I reached out for the radio, and turned the volume louder. I needed something to block my own thoughts. It was too much for me. Getting away was supposed to be my only priority at that point. Even though Amelia cast a anti-track spell on me or whatever, I didn't trust it. I was taught the old way.

  However, Christian always did the opposite of what I did. He turned the volume down. "Hey!"

  He glanced at me. "Do you want me to turn it off?" Once again that cold tone of his had me seriously curious on what it was about him that seemed so damn mysterious to me. However, his car, his rules.

  I leaned on the seat. "Just keep your eyes on the road. I heal slower, you know." I heard a dry chuckle escaping him, but there was nothing funny about be being worried for that night to get repeated. It was already super weird that the same night I ran away from home, I came across that old creepy house, where I actually saw him again.. Which made it even weirder. And then, we almost had an accident on an empty road because someone decided to burn wood.

  I exhaled. I was going to get a headache by the end of the morning if I continued thinking. "So, what did you and Amelia talk about?" I felt something sink down my stomach. Instantly looking at him, I watched how in those few seconds he simply kept his eyes concentrated on the dark road, and continued driving. This man was unbelievable. How did he know?