Chapter L

Not edited.

Lana's POV

  The darkness slowly gripped me.. It crawled through my veins and had my blood boiling with a pinch of dread. Yet it was anger that ruled my mind. Every single beat my heart performed was of rage, the crippling wish for revenge..

  With every closing of my eyes, I saw my father laying dead in that room, remembered how my brother had been carried in the house bloody and barely breathing that night.. And then the image of tears rolling down my mother's face flashed before me.. I opened my eyes again. It was my family they went after.. Christian they tried hurting.. Everyone I loved..

  And for what was it? For me? For the blood that flew through my veins? Adam needed me alive.. He needed my blood to break the curse that necklace held.. To free himself from Amelia's spell.. He teamed up with three psychotic witches that did his dirty work.. The ones that made illusions and dared dozens of my people to run like blind men in fire.

  My fists clenched.. Tremors down my body urges me to take another step, and another, until I continued walking without a single doubt, lead by fury.. By the wish of nothing else but to fulfill my duty.. My only wish. And revenge every soul they harmed.. Hell, I had to. There wasn't going to be another night I would sleep if I didn't end it.. No, tonight it ends, I repeated to myself. And continued walking towards the old house.

  I could feel it, this rage, it seemed to be burning hot underneath my skin.. Somewhere inside me, pushing me, urging me to walk straightly.. Without a doubt, without a drop of hesitation.

  Before me, there wasn't a single living soul.. Just the demolished old house, barely standing straight with the fallen tree that seemed to had pierced the roof during the storm, with all the overgrown grass around.. And gods knew what else was around it.. In it.

  While behind me.. Well, behind me there wasn't anyone either. I had followed the plan. I left the house, alone, with one last thing that Christian had said to me. Don't expect a goodbye for me, he had said. I'll be there before you even know it. Then he had kissed my hand, the side of my face, my lips.. So quickly before turning around.. And letting me leave.

  I was glad he did.. He kept himself together, his protective urges, and agreed on following the plan. He hadn't told me to be careful, or to watch my back.. No, he had faith in me. He let me be, knowing that it was what had to be done.. What I had to do in order for that nightmare to end. And he had no clue how much I loved him for it.. For trusting me and letting me.. For doing it all, for me, with me..

  So I had left the house alone; ran some of the way, walked the rest.. In my left book I had a knife.. In my right pocket I had a blinding potion that Calliope mixed for me.. If I broke the glass of the little bottle, the smoke that would come out would leave them blind for a few minutes.. Disoriented at least..

  But those weren't the weapons I needed. No, I needed myself, and myself only. And I trusted myself, most when I was lead by anger. I knew what I was capable of doing and there wasn't a single soul that could stop me when such determination ruled me. It didn't only have to be done, but in order my heart to find peace, I simply had to kill them.. No matter how absurd it might sound, they simply had to be dead.. Either them or us.

  And they couldn't doubt it.. We couldn't let them predict it. That was the reason why I left alone.. Because I followed that excuse of being hypnotized or whatever it was they did to me that one time.. Of simply being allured to the house. The rest would come after.. Ten minutes after.. That was why the plan had to go as predicted, without a single second being wasted..