Chapter VIII

Not edited.

Amelia's POV

It felt as if so much time has passed away. And it has.. I just thought people would change with time. I did for sure.. However, that didn't count for everyone.

Annabelle was turning two in a few weeks. That meant it had been two years since we took Adam down. Two years since I thought it ended. Two years since I gave up my powers.. There were moments when I doubted if I did the right thing. I did.. My daughter deserved a good life. A normal life. It was already enough that she was pulled into a world she didn't chose to live in. I thought that a house away from Venedocia was going to solve all of our problems. It's funny how naive that sounds.. Dimitri was king now. How could he rule with land if he wasn't there?

It had been back and forth for a few months now. Problems started mixing our lives again. The old king had stopped the rights of so many witches, werewolves, and Dimitri was now bringing something new into this world. They wanted answers on how Venedocia would function. And after two years, the circulation of this world started flowing again. Like it was all coming back. History repeating..

It was insane how much that meant in our lives. How much it could change again. I couldn't get used to something knowing that it'll have to change again. Being back in the castle brought so many memories.. The only thing that let me breathe was Dimitri. He was the only one that could calm me. That could convince me that things were going to be alright again. But how could I tell him when he was so busy.. I barely saw him throughout the past week or so.

I vowed to my daughter that I was going to keep her safe. That I was going to push away all the danger that came in our way. I swore to her and to myself that I was going to finish this the way I started it. It was now starting again.. Back at the beginning. I felt it. I saw it. Another vision, another sign. The only fear I had was for Annabelle. It was her that meant the world to me, and I knew that once Adam was awake that he was going to seek revenge. My daughter, Dimitri, Christian, my whole family.. That was my weak dot in life. That was the weakness that he already knew about. Something that could be used against all of us.. And the last thing I needed was to lose control over the situation.

Yes, it could happen. It was so close that I already felt that darkness crawl through me. The dread.. Christian was back, and I knew that he was up to something. I knew him well enough to know when he was trying to do something behind my back. It's not that I supported Dimitri in his decision. Something had to be done, even though he said that we should sit still a little more. He didn't see the danger coming, and he thought that it was better for us to gather enough power and then make a move. But there was no time for that. And this time Christian was right.

I just didn't want him doing things without me knowing. I wanted to be aware of every move we were going to make against Adam, and with him doing that by himself, so many things could go wrong. I knew how he was. Christian never opened up. It was just the way he functioned. Like a closed damn book, he locked everything and kept it to himself. But this included me, Annabelle, Dimitri, everyone we ever met could be in danger, because I knew what Adam was capable of. I had to make him tell me. Or find out one way or another, because seeing him there few days, I knew he was up to something. I knew he was planning something...

  It didn't help asking. It was Christian, I can't say I was surprised. He gave plain answers and ever since Sara left, he started making distance between us.. He closed up, and I felt like everything was back to the beginning. He showed no closeness to anyone, he kept that families cold expression of his, those short answers to everything he was asked.. It was getting out of hand. He couldn't do it by himself. And he refused to admit that he did. He would run a hand through his dark hair, frown his brows and say that nothing was going on that I should know about.