Chapter XXI

Not edited.

***

Christian's POV

  I didn't know what had gotten into her. Going back to her father to discuss a subject that we all knew was just a sick game.. "Absolutely not, Lana," I told her, even though she was already a step ahead of me and walking out of the living room. I've been trying to talk her out of this ever since she rushed in the kitchen with that stupid idea in her head.

  "I never asked for your permission, Christian. I don't need it." True. But there were other methods that she was tempting me to use. I could still keep her in the house if I wanted to, and there were plenty of ways to do that.. I just figured it would be more kind of me to try to convince her first.. What else was I supposed to do? Let her go so easily.. Those same people that she called family basically sold her out to the Vesnetsovs who were one of the most dangerous pack, especially once that Alexander started ruling, and I saw how damn angry that made her.. Now she was acting like they were the ones that were going to save her..

  I shouldn't care enough to overthink that much and to feel so eager to stop this nonsense once and for all, but at the same time, the way she acted, it was almost as if she wouldn't listen even if I tried stopping her. And I hated having to use drastic methods with Lana.

  As she put her shoes on, there was not much that came to my mind that I could tell her to change her mind, other than physically. Stepping over the other side, I somewhat managed to stop in the middle of the hallway, a little before the doors, just so I could get her to at least talk to me. "Can you at least think through what you're saying here? Where the fuck did that come from? You didn't mention a thing last night.." She glanced at me before straightening up and running her hands through her hair.

  "Christian,-"

  "What?" I immediately barked back. I fucking hated when someone was uncertain about serious things.. Especially when it came to risking her safety. And in this case, it was Lana. "I thought you ran away for a reason," My voice was clear and somewhat loud, but it seemed to trail off when she took a small step closer. I looked down at her, trying to figure out what was going behind those greens, what the hell she was thinking with wanting to risk her life. And I shouldn't had been the one to care so damn much, but I was trying to keep up with our deal.

  Instead of saying something, I watched her reach her hand towards my face, before she blinked a few times, changing her mind and looking away as she simply pressed her hand over my shoulder. She glanced back at me, trying to preform some kind of a faint smile, but I could see it in her eyes.. She was not okay. And it wasn't whatever for me. I knew the girl for a while now.. She changed her opinion in less than 10 hours. And this was a serious subject. A damn serious situation.

  "I know what I'm doing, okay?" I heard her say as she put her hand away.. Her voice kept trailing off and nothing seemed right for this situation. "This is important for me, Christian. Don't,- just please don't try to stop me." Silence swallowed both of us after that, and all I had left was to look back at her and try to figure out what had gotten into her so quickly.

  I didn't know how to explain to her.. She trusted her family.. I understood that.. But she had to consider the fact that the biggest betrayals were coming exactly from family. And it wasn't just that I was following some situations that I had to deal with in my family.. But generally, those were the people that everyone trusted the most, and it hurt the most when those same ones betray you. She already went through that.. God, her heart was too pure to understand. She couldn't fucking accept that they already hurt her once. And I was not trying to convince her to give up on them, I just wanted her to think it through.