04 | First Date

Her Makeup

*Edited*

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To Keep your balance, you must keep moving" - Albert Einstein.

E L L A

It's been a little over a week since that little incident with Mr.Owens happened. I haven't seen him in the office for the following week and I haven't been informed about where he is even though I'm his personal assistant. I did everything that I had to and there's nothing left to do since I couldn't ask Mr.Owens what I could do because he wasn't there. I can't help but wonder why he won't come to work because Evelyn told me that he rarely took a day off let alone a week. I just hoped that I'm not the reason behind his absence but I have a feeling that I am one of the reason why.

Today is Friday which means that today was the day were I went on a date with Landon in the evening. He turned into a good friend over the week but I just couldn't imagine him as someone who is more than just a friend. He's sweet and all of that but he just doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for in a boyfriend. Someone like Mr.Owens is more of my type. Wait what? I should just forget about him it was just a one night stand. Nothing special. But he was really good in bed I have to admit that.

I find myself sitting in front of the mirror with Amelia rushing from one side of the room to the other. I swear she's more excited than I am. I don't even consider this as a real date anymore since I don't think I could develop true feelings for Landon. Amelia doesn't know about that though. I think she already imagines mine and Landons' wedding. Yeah this sounds like something Amelia would do.

"Amelia calm down. I should be the one freaking out not you" I said after she panicked because she couldn't find the curling iron.

-"It's been more than five years since you've gone on a date how should I not freak out?" she said.

-"There you are" she suddenly said and held up the curling iron. She didn't hesitate and started curling my hair. She loved to curl my hair she said it suits me the best and I totally agree with that. I looked very cute with curled hair.

-"I haven't picked out your outfit yet" she said shocked and stopped what she was doing.

"Be careful Amelia you almost burned me with that curling iron" I said.

-"I'm sorry Ella. I just can't help it. My little girl is growing up" she said dramatically and put her hand on her chest.

"Girl I'm older than you" I replied.

-"Who cares" she said and rolled her eyes.

"Finished" she said.

I think it never took her that much time to get me ready. It's been more than two hours. I was looking in the reflection of the mirror and I was impressed with what I saw. The two hours were definitely worth it. My hair fell down in soft curls making it look voluminous. She put Lipgloss on my lips and did a rose gold eye makeup. She even put on fake eyelashes but they weren't visible because she chose natural ones. It was obvious that I was wearing makeup but it didn't look too much. It looked perfect.

"Thank you so much" I said and hugged her while a few tears were escaping my eyes.

-"Don't cry you're ruining my masterpiece. Why are you even crying?" she said and held up her hands to comfort me while looking at me in confusion.

"I don't know. I'm so emotional" I said while trying to stop the tears from ruining my makeup.

-"Maybe you're period is coming soon. I'm going to put some tampons in your bag just to make sure it's not going to be awkward if you get your period on your first date" she said and left the room. A few seconds later she came back in.