45 | Final Preparations

"Edited*

"Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things" - Byron Dorgan

E L L A

Planning a wedding is more exhausting than I thought it would be. The past few days all I did is choose things for the wedding since we want to get married soon so Christian can attend the wedding as well. He doesn't have much time left after all.

We planned on getting married in two weeks and today I'm going shopping for a wedding dress with Amelia, Lilian, Savannah, Victoria and my mum. Mila wanted to come with us as well but she wasn't feeling well due to the pregnancy therefore it was for the best if she stayed at home to rest.

I asked Amelia, Lilian and Savannah to be my bridesmaids and all of them said 'yes' and are even more excited then they were before.

I was kind of scared to look for a dress today because what if I don't like any of the dresses they have? I can't marry Anthony without a dress. A wedding dress is something where you don't have to think about whether you like it or not. The perfect dress is when you look in the mirror and I immediately fall in love with it. I hope I'll find a dress that suits me and looks the way I imagined it to.

Five hours and four shops later I still haven't found the right dress causing my mood to drop drastically. I mean the dresses I tried on where pretty but none of them looked perfect on me. It just wasn't what I expected. I just can't get married without a dress.

"This is just useless" I groaned after I tried on the thirteenth dress of today. I was getting more and more frustrated with each second that passed. Why are wedding dresses even a thing? I mean they are pretty and stuff but it's just so hard to find the right one.

-"Let's go to a friend of mine who also designed my wedding dress" Victoria then suggested and I just nodded. I didn't have any hope left and actually didn't want to go to another store because I was afraid to get let down again. But I guess I don't have another choice.

So we went to the store of Victoria's friend and when I walked inside one dress immediately caught my attention. This dress was what I was looking for the entire time.

It looks like a dress that princesses wear in movies. 

That is my dream wedding dress and everything I ever wanted a child.

"Can I try this on?" I asked Victoria and pointed at the dress that caught my attention. Victoria looked at the dress and then she smiled at me.

-"I'm sure you can" she said and looked around probably trying to find her friend who owns the store.

-"Hey Victoria. It's been awhile since we've last seen each other" a woman with a thick Spanish accent in her mid fifties said and embraced Victoria.

-"I know. Gloria this is my future daughter-in- law Ella and we need to find a dress for her" Victoria introduced me and Gloria looked at me curiously.

-"Which one of your sons is the lucky one?" Gloria asked Victoria and I answered.

"Anthony" I replied and smiled at the woman while her eyes widened in shock.

-"I never thought he would find someone let alone would marry some day. I always thought he wasn't the relationship kind of type. But anyway did you already find a dress that you would like to try on?" she asked and I nodded immediately and pointed at the beautiful dress that I noticed right away.

-"Oh good choice honey come with me" she said and I followed her. In the fitting room wasn't a mirror so I didn't know how it looked like on me but I just prayed that it looks good. If this doesn't look good then I'm going to give up and marry in a topshop dress or something.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the fitting room where everyone was waiting for me to see how the dress looked like on me.

"So what do you guys think?" I asked unsure. I still haven't looked in the mirror although the curiosity was killing me 

-"Oh my god It's perfect" my mother said and everyone agreed. Did she say perfect? My mother was the most critical one out of all of them because she wanted me to look perfect obviously. If my mother said it looked perfect then it must be true. I turned to the right to look in the mirror to see how it looks. And I have to admit it did look great. This was what I was hoping for the entire time. This is the dress that I was going to marry Anthony in.

"I think this is the one" I said and smiled while the women that I took with me cheered. I was relieved that I finally found a dress. I was extremely worried that I wouldn't find one. 

"So how much is it?" I asked Gloria while still looking at my reflection in the mirror. I was taking in every detail of the dress just to make sure I'm 100 percent content with it.

-"The dress is decorated with real diamonds so it's a little bit more expensive than the other one's I have. It costs about 200,000$" she said and my eyes widened. 200,000$ is simply too much for a wedding dress. 

"Oh well okay" I said disappointed and went back into the dressing room to change into my own clothes. Why does my dream dress has to be so expensive. I won't pay that much for a dress that I'm only going to wear once. I know that Anthony could afford this dress without a problem but I didn't want people to think that I'm only using him. Some people have to work for a lifetimes to be able to afford this dress.

When I was done changing I went back out with the dress in my hand and handed it to Gloria who went straight to the cash register.

"Oh no I'm not buying it" I said and everyone looked at me with an 'are you crazy' expression.

-"Why not?" Amelia asked.

"This dress costs 200,000$. It's too much" I explained and everyone laughed except from me because I didn't know what was so funny about that. I just wanted to cry at the price point of that dress. 

-"Honey you're going to get married to a multi billionaire soon the words 'too expensive' don't exist in Anthony's word register" Savannah said and laughed.

"But I won't spend that much of Anthony's money. I don't feel comfortable with it. People would think that I'm only using him when I spend that much of his money on a dress"

-"Anthony wants you to feel beautiful on your big day and if that's the dress that makes you feel beautiful then that's the dress you're going to wear" Victoria said and I looked at her and sighed. She was probably right. I would also hate myself if I didn't buy the dress I'm quite sure of that.

"If he complains about the price I'm telling him it's your fault" I threatened her and she laughed at me.

-"Trust me he won't complain when he sees you in that dress on your wedding day. He's going to be speechless I'm sure of that" Victoria said and I smiled at the thought. I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

After that I went straight back home. I was extremely exhausted and couldn't wait to go to bed and rest for a little bit. I deserved this. 

"I'm never getting married again" I sighed and laid down next to Anthony. Sura followed me up to the bedroom and laid down on the bed as well.

-"Well I hope so" Anthony laughed and pulled me towards him.

-"You have to relax a little bit babe you're so tense ever since I've asked you to be my wife" he said and looked at me worried.

"I have a major headache from all the planning we did the past three days. It's so much to organize and we don't have that much time left" I replied and closed my eyes. I've never been so tired in my entire life. Even when I was pregnant with Isaac I wasn't this tired and exhausted.

"I forgot to call the florist" I suddenly remembered and tried to get up from the bed but Anthony pushed me back down.

-"I'll do it just stay in bed and rest a little bit. I don't want you to be sick on our big day and you already did enough it's my turn now" he said and I smiled at him thankfully. What did I do to deserve him?

I know this chapter isn't good but this is just a filler...