11 | Confessing

*Edited*

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world... but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices" - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

E L L A

(9 weeks pregnant)

These past two weeks me and Landon got a lot closer. I haven't told him yet that I'm pregnant with our bosses baby but now I think is the right time. I feel bad for lying at him because he doesn't deserve it. Before things get too serious between us I want him to know what's going on. It's only fair of me to play with open cards before one of us develops true feelings and gets hurt after this. He should know that I'm pregnant before we get together so he knows what he gets himself into. I hope he can deal with it. But if he can't deal with it then that's fine with me. Nothing is more important to me than my baby. I know how hypocritical that is of me based on the fact that I wanted to kill my own child not too long ago. I know that it was a mistake to even consider abortion as an option knowing that so many people would support me during the pregnancy after that. I know my decision was selfish but I'm willing to change for the sake of my baby. Nothing else matters now. Sadly it took me a long time to realize that. I can't change the fact that my first thought was to get rid of the child and I will always feel bad for it. But people learn from their mistakes.

I called Landon and told him that I needed to talk to him and that it's urgent. He seemed to be quite worried when I told him that and he said that he would come to my apartment right after his shift ended which should be soon. He's going to pick me up and then we're going to a restaurant. I decided that would be the best in order to lighten up the mood a little bit. Plus I'm extremely hungry right now. 

I was pacing back and forth and my hands were sweating like hell. I did't even know why I was that nervous. If he decides that he doesn't want anything to do with me after he finds out then so be it. It's nothing I couldn't get over. Men come and go but a child hopefully stays with you your entire life. I was trying to tell myself that but I know I would be disappointment if Landon leaves.

I flinched when I heard the doorbell ring. Now is the time. I'm going to tell him soon. There's no turning back. I took a deep breath before I opened the door revealing Landon who was looking handsome like always.

-"Hey" he said with a nervous smile and I gave him a hug. When we pulled away from each other he gave me a kiss on the cheek and I could already feel the blood rushing to my face. and I'm sure I looked like a tomato right then.

-"Shall we?" he asked and I nodded. He opened the car door for me just like he did on our first date. It became a habit of his to do it for me. When we were in the care you could feel the tension between us. There was an awkward silence between us which I absolutely hated. I just didn't know what to talk to him about because the only thing on my mind was the fact that he's going to find out that I'm pregnant soon. I was debating whether I should tell him who the father of the child is or not but I decided it's for the best to not tell him right away. The fact that I'm pregnant is already enough shock for one day I don't have to shock him by telling him that Mr.Owens is the father. I mean Landon will eventually find out just not tonight.

After a 15 minutes drive we arrived at the restaurant. It's the same restaurant that we went to on our first date which brought back a few memories. I still don't know why Anthony was watching back then but I still remember how frightened I was when I saw him sitting there. I can't believe that I was so intimidated by him.

The waiter showed us our table and then we sat down. This time I decided to not order salmon since the last time that I ate it I threw up and I don't want it to happen again. I went for pasta instead while Landon chose a steak once again. After the waiter took our orders Landon suddenly took my hands in his. I was staring at him in confusion. What the hell is he doing?