24 | Getting Caught

*Edited*

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" - Dr.Seuss

E L L A

(35 weeks pregnant)

I was currently waiting for my mother in front of our house. She insisted to move in with us so someone is with me if something happens or if I go into labor sooner that I was supposed to. The official due date is in four weeks but you never know what might happen . It wouldn't be the first time that a baby comes sooner. No matter how many times I told her that it wasn't necessary to live with us she just ignored me saying that she won't take no for an answer. And people ask me why I'm so stubborn. I learned from the best. If my mother wants something than she gets it. So now I'm waiting here for her to arrive.

A few minutes later I saw her car pulling up the driveway. I made my way up to the car to greet her. 

-"Hey darling how are you and my grandson feeling?" she asked when she stepped out of the car.

"Great but he has been kicking me nonstop lately" I said laughing. Sometimes it really was annoying. My son seems to love annoying me and he wasn't even out yet. Every time when I wanted to sleep he started kicking but during the day he rarely kicked me. Especially now that I needed the sleep he didn't let me sleep. I admit it's annoying but the kicking only shows that he's perfectly fine in there. And that was the best feeling I could have. Even sleep doesn't feel as good.

-"And how is Sura doing?" she asked and I smiled at the mention of my four months old puppy who kept me company these past few weeks. Sura is the greatest gift I've ever received apart from my son of course. Landon on the other hand didn't like Sura that much because she peed on his favorite shoes but I mean come on she's just a puppy. She doesn't know how to behave correctly yet.

"I think at the moment she's freaking out because she's alone in the house but in general she couldn't be better" I replied. My mother opened the trunk and my eyes widened when I saw that her entire trunk was filled with her stuff.

"Mum you're not supposed to live with us forever" I said amused by the fact that she took almost her entire closet with her.

-"I know but I decided that I'll stay with you till the baby is one month old. Trust me honey you'll need every help you can get" she said. 

"I'm going to move in with Anthony after the baby is here anyway" I said and my mother looked at my with hope in her eyes.

-"Really? That's great you haven't told me that before. I'm glad that I don't have to live with Landon for so long" she replied annoyed and I sighed.

"Really mom? He isn't even that bad" I defended him.

-"Honey you were never good at choosing the right guy for you and you know that. The problem is you always see the good side in bad people and the bad side in good people. That always had and always will be a problem for you" she replied. Yes I do admit that except from Rico the guys that I've dated were complete shit. They were all disrespectful towards me and thought that they could boss e around. There was one in particular but I don't want to talk about him. It happened years ago and he doesn't deserve to be talked about.

"Should I help you?" I asked when I saw her struggling to pick up her clothes.

-"No you're pregnant" she replied.

"I'm pregnant and not sick I can carry a little bit" I insisted.

-"I said no" she said strictly and I raised my hand in defeat. She left me no other choice than to stay quiet. I didn't want to get on my mother's bad side because trust me that wouldn't be fun. Especially now that she's going to live with me for two months.