19 | Boy or Girl?

*Edited*

*It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not"- Andre Gide

E L L A

(21 weeks pregnant)

Today is the day. I'm going to find out what kind of clothes I have to buy and if we're going to have a little me or a little Anthony running around. I don't think I have ever been this nervous. I'm taking both my mother and Anthony's mother with me since Anthony didn't have time today because of an important meeting. Anthony knew that today was the appointment where we would find out the gender and he was sad to know that he couldn't be with me when I found out. I didn't want to go to the appointment so that's why I chose to take our mothers with me. At first I thought about taking Landon with me but I think it would be extremely inappropriate to let Landon find out the gender before Anthony does. To surprise Anthony I decided to buy a few things after I find out the gender. Like clothes in either blue or pink or something like that. I haven't decided yet what exactly I wanted to buy.

Landon offered to drive me to the doctor's office because he had something to do and he was driving past the doctor's office anyway. I gladly took his offer. That way neither Victoria nor my mother have to drive to Anthony's house to pick me up. I told them that we would meet in front of the doctor's office. This is actually also the first time that my mother and Anthony's mother meet each other but I think they're going to get along. They are quite similar.

After Landon arrived at the doctor's office he offered to carry my bag to the entrance and I wanted to tell him that it wasn't necessary but he didn't listen to me and carried my back to the entrance anyway. Both Anthony's and my mother weren't there yet. I walked in front of Landon while he was close behind with my bag. When I stopped in front of the entrance he stopped as well and gave me my bag.

-"I would wait with you till your mom comes but my meeting starts in 15 minutes and I have to be there on time. Sorry babe" he said and kissed me before he sprinted towards his car. Shortly after he left my mother and Victoria came and we went inside together. 

My legs were trembling as we sat in the waiting room. Many couples were in here but they didn't look as nervous as me. I'm sure I looked like a mess. I wanted to find out the sex of the baby and I just hope my baby is perfectly fine. But what if there are two baby's inside me right now like Anthony always says. I don't think I could handle two babies at once let alone the pain during labor. Oh my god what did I get myself into?

-"Ms.Brooks" said a voice and I looked up to find a nurse smiling at me. I got up and so did Victoria and my mother. The three of us followed the nurse to the room where the ultrasound will take place. Did I already mention that I'm nervous as hell? No I don't think so.

I laid down and Dr.Reed spread the clear and cold gel on my belly. I shivered at the coldness of the gel. My eyes were focused on the screen to see my baby. 

-"It's not a peanut anymore" I said right when the doctor showed us the baby. Dr.Reed laughed probably because he remembered me saying peanut to the baby when we went to the first ultrasound. Both Victoria and my mother looked at me in confusion obviously not knowing that 'peanut' was my nickname for the baby. 

-"What?" my mother asked with an amused smile.

"The last time we went for a checkup the baby looked like a peanut so I called it a peanut but now I can't do that anymore" I said sadly because I had to find a new nickname.

-"Do you want to find out the gender?" the doctor interrupted our conversation.

"Yes" the three of us said at the same time making all of us laugh.