07 | The Talk

*Edited*

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, an those who matter don't mind" - Bernard M.Baruch

E L L A

(5 weeks pregnant)

On my way to work I grabbed a coffee to go because I would have been way too tired without caffeine. I almost didn't get any sleep last night. I constantly thought about what my mother said. I just couldn't get her words off my mind. Everyone wanted me to keep the child I wouldn't be alone through this. But it would ruin my career if Mr.Owens would find out.

When I arrived at the company and entered the building I saw Lilian at the reception and she looked terrified. I've never seen her with an expression like that.

-"Ella Mr.Owens wants to see you and he didn't look that happy" she said when she saw me coming in. The panic was evident in her voice.

"Did he say why?" I asked curiously but she shook her head.

-"No but it can't be good. Usually he calls people to his office to fire them but I've never seen him this angry before" she said worried. Why is she worried anyway? It's not like she cared for my well-being. After she said that I turned around and slowly made my way over to the elevator to go to Mr.Owens office.

-"Ella you're moving like a snail. Hurry up" Lilian shouted after me. I rolled my eyes at that.

Why did he want me to come to his office? I haven't done anything wrong that could cause him to be angry with me. The only thing that I could think of is that he found out about my pregnancy. But there's no way that he did find out. Lilian definitely didn't tell him because she didn't know what was going on. She would've rubbed it in my face if she did. So what else could it be?

I saw no point in running to his office so I just took my time und drank my coffee on the way. When I was in front of his office and was ready to knock on the door it already opened before my fist even touched the it.

-"Where were you?" An angry Mr.Owens greeted me and in that moment I had to say I was quite afraid of him. The fact that he was almost one foot taller than me didn't help.

"I had to buy a coffee I was too tired I'm sorry Mr.Owens" I answered and tried hard not to show how intimidated I was because of him. Only a few seconds later the coffee that I held in my hand was now gone and thrown in the trash can. What the hell is wrong with that bastard? I needed that coffee.

"Why did you do that?" I asked shocked.

-"You shouldn't be drinking coffee it's not good for you" he said and I squinted my eyes trying to figure out what he meant by saying this.

"You had no right to do that" I shouted at him completely forgetting who he person in front of me is and what he could do to me. I couldn't help it.

-"And you had no right to not tell me that you are pregnant" he screamed and my eyes widened. He knew. This can't be happening. He was the last person that I wanted to find out.

"Lilian that little bitch" I muttered. She really did tell him and acted completely oblivious to what was going on when I asked her.

-"So it's true?" he asked.

"I don't think that's any of your business" I said and turned on my heels ready to leave but he wrapped his hand around my wrist making it completely impossible for me to leave. I tried to wiggle out of his grip but it was useless. He was way stronger than me which was no surprise at all because based on his toned body he had to work out a lot.