32 | Nothing but lies

*Edited*

"A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty" - Author Unknown

E L L A

"You're crazy" I said and Landon looked at me. Everything must be a stupid joke. There is no other explanation. 

-"What did you just call me? Princess I'm not crazy. I'm only getting revenge for my sister. There's nothing wrong with that" he said. How did he dare to say there's nothing wrong with that? 

"Faking a baby's death is not wrong? You need help Landon" I said. Don't ask me why I was so brave and stupid to talk to him like that when he has a gun in his head. 

-"I don't need help you need help Ella. I'm perfectly fine I-" he started but was interrupted by the police who entered the living room at the perfect time.

-"Put the gun away sir there's no need for violence" one of the police officers said. Surprisingly Landon listened to them and put down the gun. The officer handcuffed him and Landon didn't say anything. 

-"You're going to jail for doing this to us" Anthony said to him and was standing now directly next to me. Landon knew that what he did was wrong which is the reason why he didn't reply.

"Thanks for calling the police" I said and smiled at him. . Anthony was right the entire time. He always told me that Landon is a bad person but I never really listened even though I kind of knew that something was off. Especially after he punched me I was suspicious. I should've ended thing right then. Why the hell am I so naive? Why does these bad things always happen to me?

-"Let's go and see our son" Anthony said when they were out of sight. I looked at him and suddenly I was as nervous as I've never been before. I finally get to see my son after thinking he was dead. I can finally hold him in my arms after carrying him in me for nine months.

Luckily Anthony had Evelyn's address because she works in his company. She lived in a small apartment and it actually wasn't far away from my old apartment that I shared with Amelia. When we arrived I took a deep breath before I rang the doorbell. In a few seconds I can hold my son in my arms. I can finally kiss and cuddle him. I never thought I would get this opportunity ever again. Evelyn opened the door and her eyes immediately fell on Anthony while my eyes landed on the little person in her arms who was sleeping peacefully. My son. She's holding my son in her arms. It was hard to fight back the tears.

-"Honey you're finally home" she said and hugged Anthony and I swear she also wanted to kiss him but Anthony was able to turn his head to the side. What the hell is going on here? What did I miss?

-"Come in" she said more to Anthony than to me and when I wanted to come in she stopped me with her free hand that wasn't holding my son.

-"Not you" she said to me and I raised my brow. What is her freaking problem. What did I do to her that she took my son away and played along with Landon's sick game. I was nothing but nice to her.

"We could talk about the fact that you stole my son in front of your entire neighborhood I don't care" I said and then she let me in knowing that I would do that. Me and Anthony were trying to stay calm in order not to wake up our son who was still sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. Not knowing what is going on. I missed the first few months of his life and no one can ever bring these months back. 

"I want to have an explanation of why you did it. In some weird way I understand why Landon did it but you Evelyn? I never did anything to you I was always nice" I said. And I was serious. I thought she was a good friend of mine. But seems like she didn't think the same. A friend wouldn't steal your son and let you believe that he's dead. No one with a clear mind would do that.