05 | Terrifying 3 Minutes

*Edited*

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow up to be" (Emma Watson), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

E L L A

It's been exactly three weeks since I've last seen Mr.Owens at the restaurant and I think he forgot to wrap it up when we slept together. My period is late by a week actually and you should know that my period is never late. Like never. I don't remember the last time that I was late. So now I find myself in the store picking up a pregnancy test to make sure that I'm not pregnant with my bosses baby. The only thing that keeps my hopes up at this point is the fact that I've taken the morning after pill within a short period of time after we slept together.

I looked at the selection of the pregnancy tests. I was never aware of the fact that so many different tests exist. And they are pretty expensive too. I grabbed a random pregnancy test, that wasn't too expensive, out of the shelf and then I accidentally bumped into someone in the store and dropped the pregnancy test.

"Oh my god I'm sorry" I said to the person I bumped into.

-"Oh It's you... again" I heard a familiar voice say. Curious to find out who the voice belonged to I looked up at the person and came face to face with Lilian. How much I despise that woman. I immediately picked up the test and hid it behind my back so she won't see it because I don't need someone at work to know about this. I especially don't want Mr.Owens to know about this.

-"No need to hide the test honey I already saw it" she said with an evil smile. What a bitch.

-"So I think someone wasn't careful enough. Does Landon knows about this?" She asked. She was enjoying this so much. It took me a lot of afford to hold myself back and not punch her in the face.

"I don't think that's any of your business " I said with gritted teeth.

-"Well but I think it's Landon's business" She said and stomped off.

"How do you know that the test is for me? Perhaps I could be buying it for someone else like my best friend or so. Why are you judging me so quick?" I asked. Of course she was right with the fact that the test was for me but she didn't need to know that.

-"The fact that you are so offended shows it all" she said and stomped off. Now my day was worse than it already was. Lilian will tell someone at work that she saw me buying a pregnancy test for sure. She's a snake. But I have to worry about her later I have to go home now and find out if there's something growing inside of me. Fingers crossed that I'm not pregnant. A child would make my life so complicated. I mean I'm not in high school anymore and have an income but having a child at the age of 22 never crossed my mind. And the fact that the child would be the result of a one night stand didn't make it any better. I'm sure Mr.Owens wouldn't want to be a father now. He was enjoying his life with all the women and parties in his life and a child just wouldn't fit in.

With shaking hands I gave the cashier the money and she looked at me with a sympathetic look. I gave her a forced smile which she returned and then I grabbed the box and left the store. I couldn't wait any longer. The small package I held in my hand could change my entire future and by saying this I wasn't exaggerating. When I came back home I practically ran into the bathroom, ripped open the box and read the instruction. I was glad that Amelia wasn't home. Even though she is my best friend and I could talk to her about anything and everything I wanted to do this alone. And I don't want anyone to find out because even if I am pregnant I know I won't keep it. I just can't. Having a child means to much responsibility

I peed on the stick, placed it on the counter and sat down at the toilet. Now it's time to wait. These are the most terrifying three minutes of my life. I put my head in my hands and thought about everything.Could I take care of a baby? No definitely not. I can't even take care of myself so how the hell should I take care of a baby when I'm still a baby myself. I mean I'm 22 so I'm a grown but I just can't imagine having a child by myself. There's still so much that I wanted to do and a child would make it a lot harder. Of course travelling around with a child isn't impossible but when you're on your own you can do whatever you want without having to look after a small infant. And what about Mr.Owens. Would he want to be there for the baby? What a stupid question of course not. He's a 26 year old single man who enjoys his life and like me he wouldn't want to take care of a baby. When I'm pregnant what would happen with me and Landon? I no three weeks ago when we had our first date I said that I couldn't imagine him as someone more than a friend but that feeling has changed by now. We went on two more dates any I thing I actually started to develop feelings for him. A pregnancy wouldn't fit into that relationship. I don't think any man would want to be in a relationship with a girl that is pregnant with someone else's baby. Why are you even thinking about all of this you're not pregnant Ella. I tried to tell myself. I shouldn't drive myself crazy over nothing. Everything is going to be okay.