17 | Orders from Mr.Owens

*Edited*

"Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness" - Euripides 

E L L A

(17 weeks pregnant)

My belly suddenly grew a lot these past two weeks and it got a lot harder to cover it up. I was tired of hiding it from everyone so I decided to tell Evelyn that I'm pregnant. I felt the need to share my happiness with everyone. Evelyn is the only co-worker of mine who I would consider as a friend so I wanted to tell her in person before anyone else could tell her. She is the reason why I covered it up today. I knew people would talk about it when they see my bump. I swear the people who work in this company are just like teens in high school. Rumors spread so fast here. Since Evelyn worked on another floor I wasn't able to tell her straight away because her shift also started after mine. So sadly I had to wait till lunch break to talk to her. The wait nearly killed me because I was so excited to tell. I'm also going to tell her who the father of my baby is. I mean she's my friend and I trust her with this. 

When it was time for my lunch break I got up from my chair and suddenly felt dizzy so I sat back down. I sat there with my eyes closed and my hand placed on my forehead trying to calm down and to come back to normal. I hope my morning sickness doesn't come back because it luckily stopped a few days ago.
-"Ella are you okay?" I heard a worried voice say. I opened my eyes and saw Anthony standing in my office with a worried expression on his face. When did he get here? I didn't hear him coming in. He came closer to see if I was really alright.

"Yeah I'm totally fine" I said and stood up to prove him that I'm fine but I almost fell over during the process. Luckily Anthony was quick enough to hold me tight before I could fall.

-"Ella you're not fine" he said annoyed and helped me to sit down. I don't know how many times we already had this conversation. I mean he was right but if I would tell him that I wasn't feeling fell he would go back to his overprotective mood and I didn't want that. He worries way too much over small things. Feeling dizzy during pregnancy is totally normal.

"Feeling dizzy is totally normal during pregnancy Anthony It happens to many women" I said but that didn't seem to calm him down.

-" I don't care if it happens to many women. You could have fallen Ella if I weren't here. We both know what could happen if you fall on your stomach" He said and I rolled my eyes at him. Of course I was aware of that. Suddenly I didn't feel dizzy anymore so I was able to stand up and Anthony rushed to my side once again.

"I'm perfectly fine Anthony now if you excuse me I have to talk to someone" I said and tried to leave but he grabbed my wrist to prevent me from leaving.

-"Who do you want to talk to?" he asked curiously.

"Evelyn" I replied and tried to wiggle out of his grasp but it didn't work. He hold on tight but was careful to not hurt me. 

-"Who's Evelyn" he asked with furrowed brows. Of course he didn't know who she was. I mean she works for him but I'm sure no one could remember all the names from the employees. There are just too many.

"One of the secretaries that work at the reception" I replied and he nodded while letting go of my wrist.

-"Make sure to eat something when you're in the cafeteria" he said and I smiled at him.

"You don't have to tell me that I'm already starving right now" I said with a laugh and left the room leaving Anthony behind. 

When I entered the cafeteria where I assumed Evelyn to be I immediately saw her sitting at a table. I walked straight up to her table deciding that I didn't want to wait much longer to tell her. I can't wait to see her reaction though. I bet she's going to be extremely surprised.
"Evelyn I have to tell you something" I straight up said when I reached her table. I sat down in front of her and looked at her with a big smile on my face.