Chapter 2: Golden Beast [Neathan's p.o.v]

-Neathen-

Pulling up my pants, as her hands slink around my frame and I growl low too low for a human to hear but I know she hears it, my boxers showing as I have yet to do my pants up and fully get dressed, the guilt setting on me as soon as I get up buckle and zip myself up throw my tee on and walk out of her bedroom.

Walking to my sleek silver and dark red Corvette.. Speeding off, I needed to stop doing what I was doing, she was all I could damn well think of but I am not sure on how to approach it, not like I was told she was my mate by my wolf. But the pull to her wasn't something I had ever experienced either.

Parking my car outside my house as I race in and soon come back out changed, couldn't wear something I had worn the night before. Peeling out on my way to school, sometimes I went sometimes I didn't it wasn't all that interesting nor important to the up and coming Alpha's job description.. My dad's beta Marcus ran things while I was a kid and still will up until I find my Luna then i will take my rightful spot as Alpha.

Strutting into school, winking at people, waving at others, I was considered a playboy. Hmm I think it was understated to be honest.

Stopping when her scent hits me, Vanilla.. Strawberries and the fresh air all mixed into the perfect blend I knew it was her's before I locked onto her walking a little stiffly through the corridors relaxing when she sees her friend obviously by the way she smirks and raced over to her.

Narrowing my eyes and watching them walk to class, she was friends with Lexxy Rogers interesting, watching them leave view and enter the classroom remembering I have my own classes to get to and follow suit, one thing on my mind was her I had to have her. Mate or not something about her brought out the beast within and I liked it.

Walking into Class late, getting the attention of my teacher whom sneers and says nothing. Stupid old bastard knows not to mess with an Alpha even if I was less wiser I was a lot more wolf then he could dream to be, getting stuck into the work. Trying to distract my mind as it winds back to her. Damn it.

Looking at him growling, I sneak a look around the classroom before I bolt out the door, it was doing my head in, I couldn't even sit in class without my mind going to her, running fast as I can out the double doors of the school not even bothering to get in my car, running I shift as soon as in the woods and howl. What was happening to me, something wasn't right. Either she was my mate or I'm going insane.

Running through the woods in my giant wolf form, trying to distract my mind as I was free in my natural form, I needed answers and I needed them now. I will get them she will reveal them when I get closer. What if it was some kind of mind game though and I ended up insane? Hmm it was do or don't and right now I think do was a lot more valuable to me then don't.

-Kali's p.o.v-

Walking in the dark woods alone, I had this urge to do it I don't really know why. But here I am doing the dumbest thing of my life, wondering what this suddenness coming over me was.

Hearing howls I stop as my eyes widen, oh shit... Rouges, my wolf growling in my mind as I find myself surrounded by their filthy scent, burning my nostrils and fowl. Getting a low whimper from my lips.

Standing still, slightly braver then I felt, trying not to show it... I am scared shitless right now. But also trying not to do anything sudden to make them attack and kill me.

Hearing them getting close my eyes go wider and I fight the hard urge to scream my lungs out of my body. When I see them my stomach turns and I feel my hope dying no one would even know if I was killed, until days later, My heartbeat picks up hammering against my chest, head starting to spin and feel light.

My wolf growling in my head, wanting me to attack. Me reminding her if I shift they will kill us both,  my head getting even more light.. Oh god I was going to faint and end up their snack.

Their growls getting louder, there getting closer. Head getting more light and the ground getting more unfocused with my legs.

When a familiar scent hits my nose it causes me to regain a little of my composure and strength..

Backing away instinctively I don't know why but something tells me it is safer to back away, even though my brain was saying not to move.. Because they might attack as I move back against a large rock I soon see why it was lucky I did as a giant black wolf leaps over the rock at the rogues.

Taking in a panic's breath as the scent from the black giant wolf makes me feel at peace, his scent was so familiar I had smelt it a few times before. Hmm it was of burning smoke, fresh water and strawberries.

Watching the wolves fight, he was a lot stronger then these rouges and could easily handle them, he must be the Alpha then...only an Alpha's wolf would be so strong that he could effortlessly take on multiple wolves and make it seem like child's play.

Ripping out another's throat, the giant black wolf now turning to me as the grey and white rival falls to the ground a bloodied mass.