Chapter 5 - A Request of a Lifetime

Right after the ambulance took Max, the police came and took their statement. They lie to the police saying some unknown men came in and start to beat the shit out of Max. Luckily the police believe them. Right after the police left, Santos and Miranda close the diner. While Angie start to pack Toni things. Toni sat down at the bar putting her head to the counter. Her mind was everywhere. She agrees right now Max is not in a current shape to hurt Angie and the rest but after he has recover that what make her scare. Grey walks towards Toni and says,

"You're welcome!" Toni suddenly stood up and punches Grey face.

"You're an idiot Grey!!!! He will come and kill us all." shouted Toni. Miranda and Santos quickly walk towards Toni and pull her away from Grey.

"Oh...That is the thanks I get for helping you!!!" shouted Grey who was mad at Toni for punching him.

"Grey fuck you!!! I did not ask you to help me what I ask you was to have dinner and go but no....the Scary almighty has to come in and BEAT the SHIT out of MAX!!!!" shouted Toni who wanted to attack Grey but Miranda and Santos pull him away. Angie walk towards Toni and pull her to the counter.

"Toni calm down!!!" said Angie.

"How can I? How can anyone be calm? We are talking about MAX!!!" said Toni as she sat down at the bar again giving up.

"What about that fucker that you are fucking scare about?" said Grey while he stood in front of her.

"He threaten to kill us when Toni fought back to help us. He put a knife at Angie neck and threatens Angie. If Toni doesn't listen to him, he will give her back to the system and kill us all." said Miranda.

"I am Toni guardian, when Toni's parents pass away a few years ago, when they pass away the police could not find me as I am her guardian written in the will if something happen to them." said Angie.

"Angie stops it. He does not need to know!!!" said Toni.

"Well I don't want to care either." said Grey while he wanted to walk away Angie stop him and says,

"Take her with you!!Please!!!" beg Angie. Everyone suddenly look at her.

"Angie what are you talking about?" said Toni. Grey look at Angie and froze.

"After what happen she needs someone to protect her." said Angie. Toni walk to Angie and says,

"I don't need anyone to protect me!!! I can protect myself as I always been."

"You can't be like this always; I can't be with you always. With Max being in the hospital and the police will be coming here often for statement, I don't want you to be involve." said Angie.

"Then I can find my own place. I can stay somewhere else until my graduation." said Toni.

"That why I hope you can stay with Grey. "said Angie while look at Grey.

"I am not good at taking care of her or anyone." said Grey while he wants to walk out from there. But Angie says,

"I will tell the police that you have beaten Max." Grey stop and turn around and he is mad as hell.

"I help her and you are threatening me!!!" said Grey while walking towards Angie.

"I am not scare of you....if you take her until she graduate I'll let go of the charges. So please....take her in!!" said Angie. Grey did not said anything because he is mad, who does she think she is to have threaten him. Toni then stood between them and stops Grey from walking to Angie.

"Stop alright...she did not mean it." said Toni.

"I mean it Toni. I will call the police and make sure that you be lock up for a very long time. I know who you are and who is your father is and I am not afraid to make sure no one will help you." said Angie again now with more courage in her tone.

"Think about it man. You help her and we own you a life time. Please take baby girl with you." said Santos. Miranda stood together with them and says,

"Please she needs to be protected. We beg of you!!!" Grey looks at them and was speechless. How can he take care of her?

P.S Comment n Vote. TQ